Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ltib -m patchmerge -p u-boot

Jump to solution
caohaifeng
Contributor IV

Hello, a problem about usage of ltib.

I generate a patch after I modified the source tree of u-boot. When I prepare to modify the u-boot again,error occured.

If I use ./ltib -m prep -p u-boot to unpack the source, error is like this, u-boot-2009.09-<10-digit suffix>.patch is my patch.

1.png

Some say maybe should use ./ltib -p u-boot,(ltib mail lists), I tried and error is like this.

1.png

I have tried to delete patch u-boot-2009.09-<10-digit suffix>.patch in u-boot.spec , yes ,it works,but what I have modified will be lost.

I appreciate if someone can help me to solve it.

Regards,

Haifeng

Labels (4)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
jimmychan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

the u-boot spec file is the <ltib>/config/platform/imx/u-boot.spec.in

you can try to add the patch in the spec file like this:

Source      :  %{name}-%{version}.tar.bz2

Patch0      :   abc.patch           <-------------- put your patch filename here. the patch file store in /opt/freescale/pkgs/

BuildRoot  :   %{_tmppath}/%{name}

%Prep

%setup

%patch0 -p1          <-------------  add this line to apply your patch when using 'prep' to extract the source.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
jimmychan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

We have a patch for i.MX53. it run a script to apply the patches. You can take this for reference also. IMX53_LINUX_1109_BSP_PATCH

0 Kudos
jimmychan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

the u-boot spec file is the <ltib>/config/platform/imx/u-boot.spec.in

you can try to add the patch in the spec file like this:

Source      :  %{name}-%{version}.tar.bz2

Patch0      :   abc.patch           <-------------- put your patch filename here. the patch file store in /opt/freescale/pkgs/

BuildRoot  :   %{_tmppath}/%{name}

%Prep

%setup

%patch0 -p1          <-------------  add this line to apply your patch when using 'prep' to extract the source.

0 Kudos