load u-boot to imx6q sabrelite ,but see no output in serial console

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

load u-boot to imx6q sabrelite ,but see no output in serial console

panpanli
Contributor II

I have both used mfgtool and imx_usb_loader to load u-boot.bin or u-boot.imx to imx6q sabrelite ,but neither works,since I can't see U-Boot launch  on the serial console,and I'm sure the serial console have been correctly setted ,and the boot mode switches have been setted to 00 – Fuses.

here is the output on the terminal of ubuntu 10.04 ,when I use imx_usb_loader to load  u-boot.imx to BD-SL-i.MX6:

pp@pp-desktop:~/imx_usb_loader$ sudo ./imx_usb u-boot.imx

No "_" environment variable

argc == 2, argv == 0xbfb912f4

base == 0x804fc20:./imx_usb

trailing slash == 0x804fc21:/imx_usb

conf_path == ./

config file <./imx_usb.conf>

No "_" environment variable

argc == 2, argv == 0xbfb912f4

base == 0x804fc20:./imx_usb

trailing slash == 0x804fc21:/imx_usb

conf_path == ./

config file <./mx6_usb_work.conf>

parse mx6_usb_work.conf

15a2:0054(mx6_qsb) bConfigurationValue =1

Interface 0 claimed

report 1, wrote 16 bytes, err=0

report 3, read 4 bytes, err=0

read=56 78 78 56

u-boot.imx 0 0 1 0 1 2

main dcd length 310

sub dcd length 30c

dcd_ptr=0x177ff02c

loading binary file(u-boot.imx) to 177ff000, skip=0, fsize=4ee44 type=aa

<<<323140, 323140 bytes>>>

jumping to 0x177ff000

does u-boot load to the board ?if so,why I can't see any output in the serial console?I am so confused,

and I also have used the mfgtool,here is the information in the mfgtool.log:

Panel A Start <CMD/> type="find" body="Recovery" file="" timeout="180" onError="" text="".

1 - Panel A Finished <CMD/> type="find" body="Recovery" file="" timeout="180" onError="" text="" SUCCESS code=0x0.

Panel A Start <CMD/> type="boot" body="Recovery" file="u-boot-mx6q-sabrelite.bin" timeout="10" onError="" text="Loading uboot.".

1 - Panel A Finished <CMD/> type="boot" body="Recovery" file="u-boot-mx6q-sabrelite.bin" timeout="10" onError="" text="Loading uboot." SUCCESS code=0x0.

Panel A Start <CMD/> type="load" body="" file="uImage" timeout="10" onError="" text="Doing Kernel.".

1 - Panel A Finished <CMD/> type="load" body="" file="uImage" timeout="10" onError="" text="Doing Kernel." SUCCESS code=0x0.

Panel A Start <CMD/> type="load" body="" file="initramfs.cpio.gz.uboot" timeout="10" onError="" text="Doing Initramfs.".

1 - Panel A Finished <CMD/> type="load" body="" file="initramfs.cpio.gz.uboot" timeout="10" onError="" text="Doing Initramfs." SUCCESS code=0x0.

Panel A Start <CMD/> type="jump" body="" file="" timeout="10" onError="" text=" Jumping to OS image. ".

1 - Panel A Finished <CMD/> type="jump" body="" file="" timeout="10" onError="" text=" Jumping to OS image. " SUCCESS code=0x0.

Panel A Start <CMD/> type="find" body="Updater" file="" timeout="180" onError="" text="".

it seems the u-boot have been successfully load to the board,does it?but there is neither no output in the serial console, I'm a freshman learning linux,I am eager to get the BD-SL-i.MX6 up,but it seems so many problems there since I can't boot the board,please help me!

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
10 Replies

tonyzheng
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

As far as I know, Nitrogen6_Lite that you use is provided by Boundary Device, not the standard reference board of freescale.So, I'm sorry that I can't reproduce your error.

0 Kudos

panpanli
Contributor II

thank you all the same!it seems the board has two name imx6q sabrelite and bd-sl...is`t it produced by fresscale and two other companies? and in fact i need to load ubuntu in the board,and install qt in ubuntu,and i have successfully installed ubuntu in the board,but i don't know how to install qt.is that just as simple as it in pc?can i just use ‘apt-get’ to install qt?

0 Kudos

tonyzheng
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

About standard reference board of freescale, pls refer to http://www.freescale.com/webapp/sps/site/taxonomy.jsp?code=IMX6X_SERIES&uc=true&lang_cd=en

You can't install QT only using 'apt-get'. Before installing QT, you should be sure that you hardware supports framebuffer and then install some necessary underlying graphics library. pls refer to http://qt-project.org/doc/qt-5/linux.html

If you are satisfied with the answer, pls close this question and submit correct reply. Thank you.

Regards,

Tony

0 Kudos

tonyzheng
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi, panpan

Do you have setup your serial console correctly?

Generally, the setup is 115200,8,NONE,1.

yours,

Tony

0 Kudos

panpanli
Contributor II

Hi,TonyI'm sure I have set up the serial console correctly,now I have no idea about why no output in the serial console,can you help me?

0 Kudos

tonyzheng
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,
Can i know where your board boot from?SD/MMC, eMMC4.3, eMMC4.4, eMMC4.41, SATA?

0 Kudos

panpanli
Contributor II

I 'm not sure,maybe SD/MMC?

0 Kudos

tonyzheng
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

hi, I advise you to boot the board from SD/MMC and it is easy!

• Step 1:

Get a u-boot.bin. You can compile it through LTIB or use the standard image provided by Freescale

• Step 2:

Copy the U-Boot image to the SD/MMC card as follows:

$ sudo dd if=u-boot-mx6q-sabresd.bin of=/dev/sdb bs=512 seek=2 skip=2 conv=fsync

• Step 3

Insert the SD/MMC card to SD slot and power on the board.Now, you can boot the board from SD/MMC.

you can refer to i.MX_6Dual6Quad_SABRE-SD_Linux_User's_Guide

0 Kudos

panpanli
Contributor II

I have tried this method ,but also failed,since a error came up

0 Kudos

tonyzheng
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Can you provide me more information?And I'm confuesd by you.

Are you sure your board is standard board of freescale? In my opinion, imx_usb_loader is not provided by freescale. It is a script file and you are unnecessary to use it. You can complie a u-boot image through LTIB or Yocto and copy it to SD card by yourself.

0 Kudos