libjpeg-turbo on imx7 problem

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

libjpeg-turbo on imx7 problem

aaronpadilla
Contributor II

Hi, I need to install libjpeg turbo on my imx7 board, I am using the CL-SOM-imx7 board but I am compiling  yocto adding the next lines to local.conf:

IMAGE_INSTALL_append +="libjpeg-turbo kernel-modules"

PREFERRED_PROVIDER_jpeg = "libjpeg-turbo"

PREFERRED_PROVIDER_jpeg-native = "libjpeg-turbo-native"

and using:

DISTRO=fsl-imx-x11 MACHINE=imx7dsabresd source fsl-setup-release.sh -b build-x11

bitbake fsl-image-gui

And then I burn my sd card from the .sdcard file but the files for libjpeg-turbo are not there, so searching in the output I found the compiled lib at:

aaron@aaron-X550CA:~/imx7_YOCTO/fsl-release-bsp/build-x11/tmp/work/cortexa7hf-vfp-neon-poky-linux-gnueabi/libjpeg-turbo/8d+1.4.0-r0/image/usr/

So, I have copied the files manually to my target and the library is working but the conversion time is not good, I think that may be I am on libjpeg (non turbo) or may be it is because the version is not the later, I had tested the version 9 on a imx6sx with better results.

btw I use the application cjpeg.

So, how can I get installed the libjpeg-turbo in my target at compiling time?

How can I get the latest version?

Could you advice?

Thanks in advance,

Aaron

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Aaron

one can post it on meta-fsl-arm mailing list, so that someone familiar with

software for that board and libjpeg libraries could try to assist you.

https://lists.yoctoproject.org/listinfo/meta-freescale

Note, i.MX7 and i.MX6SX have not vpu and conversion time may be not good,

depending on algorithm.

Best regards

igor

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos