cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

keyboard problem on i.MX6Q-SABRESD

xiaoqiangyang
Contributor III

Hi all,

I built my own rootfs by LTIB using profile 'FSL gnome release package', and started linux on i.MX6Q-SABRESD successfully. But when I pluged a usb hub to OTG port and pluged a usb mouse and a usb keyboard to the hub, the mouse worked well but the keyboard can not.

When I pluged the keyboard,I got some messages as below:

usb 1-1: new low speed USB device number 2 using fsl-ehci

usb 1-1: device v046d pc31c is not supported

input: Logitech USB Keyboard as /devices/platform/fsl-ehci.0/usb1/1-1/1-1:1.0/in

put/input9

generic-usb 0003:046D:C31C.0001: input,hidraw0: USB HID v1.10 Keyboard [Logitech

USB Keyboard] on usb-fsl-ehci.0-1/input0

input: Logitech USB Keyboard as /devices/platform/fsl-ehci.0/usb1/1-1/1-1:1.1/in

put/input10

generic-usb 0003:046D:C31C.0002: input,hidraw1: USB HID v1.10 Device [Logitech U

SB Keyboard] on usb-fsl-ehci.0-1/input1

Besides,I found that when I pressed <ALTF1> the screen became black and <ALTF2> returned to gnome desktop.The NumLOCK and CapsLock indicator lights worked well,but I can't use other function such as typing words in xterm.

Any suggestions? Thanks in advance!

Xiaoqiang

9 Replies

SergioSolis
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Have you tried with a different keyboard?, or just the keyboard (without mouse)?

0 Kudos

robertomainetti
Contributor I

Dear SerchMX

I don't know if Mr. Xiaoquiang Yang is still there, so I'd like to ask you if you know how to solve this problem.

I can see the same issue as him on my iMX53-START board, using the L2.6.35_11.09.01_ER_source + patches and no other change.

Sometimes it happens that pressing some key combination I get the x to crash, and in that case the screen becomes black, with all the keys I pressed written on it. So there's not a hardware problem...

I looked everywhere on the internet without finding any solution. Please help me...

0 Kudos

robertomainetti
Contributor I

Finally I solved the problem myself!

I had to edit the startx script to load the keyboard.

Now I have to find out how to change the keyboard language layout... I tried editing xorg.conf without success...

0 Kudos

rejitantony
Contributor II

I am also having the same problem

usb 1-1: new low speed USB device number 5 using fsl-ehci

usb 1-1: device v047b p00f9 is not supported

input: Silite Generic USB Keyboard as /devices/platform/fsl-ehci.0/usb1/1-1/1-1:1.0/input/input13

generic-usb 0003:047B:00F9.0005: input,hidraw0: USB HID v1.00 Keyboard [Silite Generic USB Keyboard] on usb-fsl-ehci.0-1/input0

input: Silite Generic USB Keyboard as /devices/platform/fsl-ehci.0/usb1/1-1/1-1:1.1/input/input14

generic-usb 0003:047B:00F9.0006: input,hidraw1: USB HID v1.00 Device [Silite Generic USB Keyboard] on usb-fsl-ehci.0-1/input1

Can you please elaborate how you solved the problem. I am new for iMx boards.

0 Kudos

xiaoqiangyang
Contributor III

replace the file in /usr/bin/startx with this file, your keyboard will be OK, only ALT key can not be used . Please have a try!

Good luck!

xiaoqiang.yang@realtimes.cn

rejitantony
Contributor II

Thank you Xiaoqiang Yang

My keyboard and mouse is working. And the problem was sloved after replacing the startx.

Now i need to find a way to add on screen keyboard .

0 Kudos

xiaoqiangyang
Contributor III

Hi Roberto,

These days I was not working,sorry for that.Now I have made my keyboard work by editing the start.x, as you did. And I am finding the way to ahanging the keyboard

layout too,if I have some progress,I will tell you!

0 Kudos

xiaoqiangyang
Contributor III

Yes, I have tried several keyboards, only keyboard is the same.

0 Kudos

robertomainetti
Contributor I

Did you manage to solve this problem?

I have exactly the same issue on my imx53 start board.

0 Kudos