cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

jtag board related setting for IMX6ul

sirrajrai
Contributor I

Hi

We are working on the imx6ul evk board and trying to establish the jtag connection from pc to board. In some board related document, it is mentioned that in order to correctly connect to the JTAG port of the board with the RealView-ICE Debugger or the JLINK debugger, five resistances R1432, R1407, R1431, R1433, and R1434 need to be removed(I am attaching that document plz see page no. 4). Could someone please let me know how to achieve the removal of resistors to get the connection work. Do we remove the resistors through some software tool by setting 0's or remove the connection of hardware ?

Thanks in advance for your help...

0 Kudos
4 Replies

Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

Please apply to hardware engineer.

Regards,

Yuri.

0 Kudos

b36401
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Actually they mean that these resistances should be removed from the board as the hardware.

There is no any software way supposed.

Have a great day,

Victor

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

healy
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Victor

I encounter the issue today, just now, I follow AN5229 and try to start to debug the kernel driver. but I got an error when start to debug. I has disconnect the 5 resistance (which connect WM8960) but the error can't be fixed.

must I modify the dtb file? I suspect it change the JTAG PIN to other functions. Is this right?

Would you like to teach me to fix it?

Thank you so much!

0 Kudos

biswanath_bhowmick
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Could you make it work? What is the debugger you are using?

I am facing problem, not able to download using Segger JLink debugger(HW version 8.0) I have. Trying a bare metal code.

Best regards,

Biswanath

0 Kudos