cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

jpeg image parsing on mx6 imxvpudec fails

kartiknatarajan
Contributor II

Hi,

I need to hardware decode jpeg images in my application. I am trying to run this pipeline -

(Notes- The jpeg images used are JFIF format, I am using gstreamer-1.0 on mx6 solo, I have exhausted all discussions on the net)

*****************************************************************************************************************************************

gst-launch-1.0 filesrc location=hd3.jpeg blocksize=15000 typefind=true num-buffers=-1 ! "image/jpeg" ! imxvpudec ! imagefreeze ! autovideosink

which fails with the error message

Setting pipeline to PAUSED ...

[INFO]  Product Info: i.MX6Q/D/S

Pipeline is PREROLLING ...

[INFO]  bitstreamMode 1, chromaInterleave 0, mapType 0, tiled2LinearEnable 0

** (gst-launch-1.0:959): CRITICAL **: gst_video_decoder_negotiate_default: assertion 'GST_VIDEO_INFO_WIDTH (&state->info) != 0' failed

ERROR: from element /GstPipeline:pipeline0/GstImxVpuDec:imxvpudec0: No valid frames decoded before end of stream

Additional debug info:

/gstreamer1.0-plugins-base/1.4.1-r0/gst-plugins-base-1.4.1/gst-libs/gst/video/gstvideodecoder.c(1073): gst_video_decoder_sink_event_default (): /GstPipeline:pipeline0/GstImxVpuDec:imxvpudec0:

no valid frames found

ERROR: pipeline doesn't want to preroll.

Setting pipeline to NULL ...

Freeing pipeline ...

*****************************************************************************************************************************************

The only inference I am able to make here is that imxvpudec can do mjpeg only and not jpeg but there a dozen links which show that people have been able to run such a pipeline.

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

The following Issues decoding MJPEG with VPUdec

may clarify situation.

Have a great day,
Yuri

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos