is there in built configuration for connect core 6 ul to invert the UART Output?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

is there in built configuration for connect core 6 ul to invert the UART Output?

hitesh_kasera
Contributor III

I am working with connect core 6 UL environment from Digi. Specificaiton of the same are:

NXP i.MX6UL-2, ARM® Cortex®-A7 @ 528 MHz, 128 KB L2 cache, with NEON™ MPE (Media Processor Engine) co-processor and programmable smart DMA (SDMA) controller

i want to invert the uart output including start and stop bit. is there in built option to configure it in connect core 6 ul i.MX 6UltraLite Applications Processors to invert UART output?

Labels (1)
4 Replies

CarlosCasillas
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Hitesh,

If you refer to section 53.1.1 of i.MX6UL Reference Manual, it is mentioned that RX_DATA input and TX_DATA output can be inverted respectively in RS-232/RS-485 mode.

For additional details, you could refer to bit description “INVT” from “UARTx_UCR3” register and “INVR” from “UARTx_UCR4” register.

Finally, you would need to verify if the UART driver include access to those configuration bits; otherwise it will be required to add the proper modifications to configure them.

Hope this will be useful for you.
Best regards!
/Carlos
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

hitesh_kasera
Contributor III

Thanks Carlos. It is really helpful. can you please share this reference manual link so that i can go through it. i think its possible to change those register value, in this needs to make changes in drivers for serial, am not sure how to do this. at first will go through manual and will see how to modify.

0 Kudos

CarlosCasillas
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Hitesh,

The i.MX6UL Reference Manual could be downloaded from this link.

Regarding driver integration/modification, you could refer to genera information about Linux driver development. As complementary material, you could check the following Community documents:

Adding the WF111 Driver to the i.MX6 Yocto BSP 

Interfacing FXLS8471Q with i.MX6Q 

PN7150/PN7120 NFC Controller SBC Kit for Arduino on the i.MX6SX 

Hope this will be useful for you.
Best regards!
/Carlos
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

hitesh_kasera
Contributor III

Thank you Carlos, once will go through all the details you have provided and will update you accordingly.

0 Kudos