cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ipu_id, csi_id d virtual channel configuration for IMX6Solo

anjojohn
Contributor IV

Hi all,

part of my driver development i came across ipu_id, csi_id and virtual channel configuration. I am taking ov5640_mipi as my reference. from this post MIPI CSI and IPU configuration (IMX6Q)  the ipu_id and csi_id are chosen from the virtual channel selection. But from the dtsi file of imx6qdl-sabresd.dtsi

&mipi_csi {
    status = "okay";
    ipu_id = <0>;
    csi_id = <1>;
    v_channel = <0>;
    lanes = <2>;
};

virtual channel 0 is selected, csi_id is 1 and ipu_id is 0. Following diagram is from "MIPI–CSI2 Peripheral on i.MX6 MPUs"

mipi_ipu_gasket.png

Could any one  please help me how this is configured. I know these configuration are working but i don't understand how csi_id 1 is selected for virtual channel 0.

Also if i have one parallel sensor along with a mipi sensor how to configure this for simultaneous access.

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi anjo

selection is configured using IOMUXC_GPR13 register, described in

sect.37.4.14 GPR13 (IOMUXC_GPR13) i.MX6SDL Reference Manual

http://cache.freescale.com/files/32bit/doc/ref_manual/IMX6SDLRM.pdf

For simultaneous camera operation one can check

iMX6DQ MAX9286 MIPI CSI2 720P camera surround view solution for Linux BSP 

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

anjojohn
Contributor IV

Hi  Igor,

I looked through the sect.37.4.14 GPR13 (IOMUXC_GPR13), but i don't understand which is the virtual channel number and what are the MIPI CSI0 and IPU CSI1 terms meant. Could you please explain me with an example. I no longer have the requirement for two sensors and will only need one mipi sensor. Could you please also answer the previous question "how csi_id 1 is selected for virtual channel 0" .

Regards

John

0 Kudos