cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

imxv4l2videosrc capabilities imx6q

ieio
Contributor IV

Hi I am trying to use a camera in RGB888 but when I try to get the stream with:

root:~# gst-launch-1.0 -e -v imxv4l2videosrc device=/dev/video0 ! 'video/x-raw,format=(string)RGB' ! imxipuvideosink

I got:

WARNING: erroneous pipeline: could not link imxv4l2videosrc0 to imxipuvideosink0

If I do not force capfilters:

root@:~# gst-launch-1.0 -e -v imxv4l2videosrc device=/dev/video0 ! imxipuvideosink
Setting pipeline to PAUSED ...
Pipeline is live and does not need PREROLL ...
/GstPipeline:pipeline0/GstImxV4l2VideoSrc:imxv4l2videosrc0.GstPad:src: caps = "video/x-raw\,\ format\=\(string\)UYVY\,\ width\=\(int\)400\,\ height\=\(int\)240\,\ interlace-mode\=\(string\)progressive\,\ framerate\=\(fraction\)30/1\,\ pixel-aspect-ratio\=\(fraction\)1/1"
/GstPipeline:pipeline0/GstImxIpuVideoSink:imxipuvideosink0.GstPad:sink: caps = "video/x-raw\,\ format\=\(string\)UYVY\,\ width\=\(int\)400\,\ height\=\(int\)240\,\ interlace-mode\=\(string\)progressive\,\ framerate\=\(fraction\)30/1\,\ pixel-aspect-ratio\=\(fraction\)1/1"
Setting pipeline to PLAYING ...

it chooses format UYVY, and actually I can see an image, but the colors are not correct.

I do not understand why, has anyone an aswer for this? 

Labels (3)
7 Replies

joanxie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

what camera do you use? mipi or parallel?

ieio
Contributor IV

mipi, actually it is a FDPlink deserializer.

I partially solved this issue, as the deserializer can generate YUV pattern I can see now the colors correctly. But I am still wondering what I am doing wrong with gstreamer, as it seems that imxv4l2videosrc and imxipuvideosink can only communicate using UYUY.

Another issue I have is

Ipu Warning - Ipu_Int_Stat_5 = 0x00000001

I checked in the manual and it seems that this can be generated by the CM (Control module).

CM is controlling CSI and DI so I create this pipe to see who could generate the error:

gst-launch-1.0 -e -v imxv4l2videosrc device=/dev/video0 ' ! fakesink

Removing the display from the pipe I still have Ipu_Int_Stat_5 error, so I guess that at least the CSI is not working properly. Am I right? What can I change, or investigate?

0 Kudos

jamalmohiuddin
Contributor III

Me too facing the same issue.. But didn't get Ipu_Int_Stat_5 error.. How did you change to YUV.. Can you please help

0 Kudos

ieio
Contributor IV

There is a register inside the deserializer, that can perform color space conversion, I think it depends on your deserializer. 

0 Kudos

jamalmohiuddin
Contributor III

I am facing issue only when i am switching from 15 fps to 30fps... Do I have to change in gstreamer pipeline or else where

0 Kudos

ieio
Contributor IV

I think yours is a different problem. Sorry I can't help.

0 Kudos

joanxie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

what mode do you use? I suggest that you can use unit test fisrt, not gstreamer, you can use mxc_v4l2_capture.out or mxc_v4l2_tvin.out to test camera capture first