Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[imx8qm] Android automotive m4 core console not able to set simulation event

Jose1985
Contributor IV

Dear Team,

I am trying to start the EVS function with

Images = automotive-12.1.0_1.1.0_image_8qmek_car.tar.gz

As per the Android User's Guide, Cortex-M4 console on i.MX 8QuadMax MEK board: RS-232 port on the base board.

The RS232, Pin #2: Rx, Pin #3: Tx & Pin #5 is GND

Serial port settings 115200 8N1

However, I am not able to input "gear 2" or any other text at the m4 console. Could you please let me know how to setup Cortex-M4 console so that I am able to set console commands of gear.

I would also like to know if CAN0 of base board is routed to M4 core.

Best regards

Jose

0 Kudos
6 Replies

Dhruvit
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @Jose1985,

I hope you are doing well.

1)Could you please let me know how to set up the Cortex-M4 console so that I am able to set console commands of gear?
->Please make sure that RS-232 cable is well-connected with RS-232 port
->Please make sure that one has set baud rate-115200, data bits-8 stop bits-1, etc configuration on the serial port.
->Please make sure on the serial terminal that the M-4 core booted successfully and then one can input gear-2 or whatever text one wants to.

2)I would also like to know if the CAN0 of the baseboard is routed to the M4 core.
->Well, CAN0 is accessible by either of the cores, either M4 or else A53.
->So one can use it in any core.

Thanks & Regards,
Dhruvit Vasavada

0 Kudos

Jose1985
Contributor IV

Dear Dhruv,

>Please make sure that RS-232 cable is well-connected with RS-232 port
->Please make sure that one has set baud rate-115200, data bits-8 stop bits-1, etc configuration on the serial port.

Yes, its proper. Please confirm pin settings of DB9. I am sure my connection is perfect. I have checked continuity and made sure that my connection is proper

>Please make sure on the serial terminal that the M-4 core booted successfully and then one can input gear-2 or whatever text one wants to.

This is not happening. That is my issue.

I am using Android Automotive 11.0.0_1.0.0 version. If it is successful at your end, could you sent me the screenshot and connection diagram.

Please help. Its very urgent.

Best regards,

Jose

0 Kudos

Dhruvit
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @Jose1985,

Please confirm the pin settings of DB9.
->for RS-232 pin setting
Pin RS-232
1 DCD = Input
2 RXD = Input
3 TXD = Output
4 DTR = Output
5 GND, Signal
6 DSR = Input
7 RTS = Output
8 CTS = Input
9 Not Used

Please make sure on the serial terminal that the M-4 core booted successfully and then one can input gear-2 or whatever text one wants to.

>>This is not happening. That is my issue.
>>>If this is the case then one should follow the android user guide to build the image with evs function enabled and then how one can flash the image.
https://community.nxp.com/pwmxy87654/attachments/pwmxy87654/imx-processors/174957/1/Android_User's_G...

Thanks & Regards,
Dhruvit Vasavada

0 Kudos

Jose1985
Contributor IV

Dear Dhruv,

1)

We are using the Android Automotive source v 11.0.0_1.0.0 and I confirmed it with against the AUG.

Exterior View System (EVS) is supported in i.MX Android Automotive release. 

So we are using the automotive release and thus EVS is supported.

2)

I checked the connection between RS232 port and J43 in the base board. It seems that 2,3,5 pin numbers are only used. This means that only below pins are required

2 RXD = Input
3 TXD = Output
5 GND, Signal

Being said, I also created a USB to Serial FTDI chip with all the pins as you suggested. However the output is junk.

<▒|▒▒▒▒▒▒S▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒*
*녅▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒{-'7▒W-%5▒▒e=▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒ 5▒▒▒▒▒=-5A9=%5A=)▒15▒55#▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒[▒Tt▒{▒:▒▒▒▒▒▒j:▒▒:▒▒▒
**▒▒▒>녃]▒▒H▒▒▒▒j:▒▒▒▒kj▒▒ ▒▒;▒▒▒▒▒▒:*▒O▒▒▒tTi▒▒U]▒▒=#7▒m▒y▒55▒1-57▒▒▒M▒):▒
▒tԺ▒
▒▒j▒▒u▒▒J▒v▒▒T*▒Vo/▒tT▒▒T▒j▒tTھ6:▒*▒v▒▒:▒*▒▒,▒v▒v▒=-5A9=%5A=)▒15▒55#▒▒▒▒▒▒▒[595-5▒1-59!%%=#7▒▒=

Is it possible to cross check at your end?

Best regards,

Libin Jose

0 Kudos

Dhruvit
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello @Jose1985 ,

Please cross-check the uart configuration as suggested in the link
https://community.nxp.com/t5/i-MX-Processors/iMX8QM-MEK-RS232-ttyLP2-setting/m-p/1459605#M190490

One can refer to this link to see RS232(ttyLP2) setting.
It can help.

Thanks & Regards,

Dhruvit Vasavada

0 Kudos

Jose1985
Contributor IV

Dear Dhruv,

I was using only below pins from DB9 and used 115200 8N1 in my minicom settings.

Pin RS-232
2 RXD = Input
3 TXD = Output
5 GND, Signal

1  Is it mandatory to use other pins (1,4,6,7,8,9) as well when u are using FTDI chip at the other end?

2 Where can one find this requirement in nxp docs?

Best regards

Libin Jose.

0 Kudos