imx8mqevk DRAM

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

imx8mqevk DRAM

kayiyeh
Contributor II

I tried to replace the DRAM of imx8mqevk board with a 8Gb (1GB) DRAM, which is a 2 die package with 32Mb x 16Dqs x 8 banks x 2 channel. I used the attached *.ds file to test it with the DDR tool v3, then the DDR tool shows the configuration is correct. The log file is attached as the test_result**.log file. Then I  generated the ddr_init.c and ddrphy_train.c and modified imx8mq_evk.h for 1GB. I followed all the flow described in the document and successfully bitbake core-image-minimal. However, when I boot up with the image, I got error. The u-boot log is attached as the "outofmem.log". Please help see what's wrong.  

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Ka-Yi

from log: linux version 4.9.88 is very old, please try latest L4.19.35 or L4.14.98

described on documentation link: i.MX Software and Development Tools | NXP 

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

kayiyeh
Contributor II

Dear Igor,

Thank you for your help. However, I took your advice and change to 4.19.35.

I download the source, and replace lpddr4_timing.c which is generated by ddr tool. I also change the imx8mq_evk.h file for the total size of DRAM to 1GB. However, it become worse that the u-boot fail to train the DRAM PHY.

I attached the ddr tool log and u-boot log, please help.

BR

KY

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Ka-Yi

what board version used in the case, for old recommended to use lpddr4_timing_b0.

Best regards
igor

0 Kudos

kayiyeh
Contributor II

Dear Igor,

I just saw a mark “700-29615 Rev. B2”. Is that the board version?

I found the lpddr4_timing_b0.c in my source code directory. However, I can’t find document to switch from lpddr4_timing.c to lpddr4_timing_b0.c . Can you tell me how to do that?

KY

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Ka-Yi

below link has info about both EVK versions

i.MX 8M Evaluation Kit | NXP 

For lpddr4_timing_b0.c please recheck Chapter 4 How to bring up

a new MX8MSCALE board MSCALE_DDR_Tool_User_Guide.pdf

included in ddr test package.

Best regards