cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

imx8mq-evk Bluetooth is not available

chenzp
Contributor II

Hello:

The Bluetooth function on the imx8mq-evk development board android 9 system is not available and Bluetooth cannot be turned on. The specific log information refers to the attachment. Is there a problem there, how do I use the Bluetooth function?

Labels (1)
10 Replies

kunalkotecha1
Senior Contributor II

Hi chenzp@myzr.com.cn,

I have flashed the android 9 prebuilt demo images to i.MX8MQ and able to use the Bluetooth from MIPI Panel. So, it seems prebuilt images are working. I have downloaded "Android P9.0.0_2.0.0 (4.14.98 kernel) Supports i.MX 8QuadMax/8QuadXPlus/8MQuad/8MMini" demo image from this link. Please try the same.

Note: If you are using MIPI panel or HDMI you need to change the u-boot environment variables for the same. Also, please follow the "Android Quick Start Guide" for the same android version available in the above provided link.

Regards,

Kunal

chenzp
Contributor II

Hi Kunal Kotecha,

Yes, the image I use is the same as you, but the Bluetooth function is not available and the wifi function is normal. What model is your development board? Mine is the "i.MX 8M Quad EVK Board".

Regards,

ZhiPei

0 Kudos

kunalkotecha1
Senior Contributor II

Hi chenzp@myzr.com.cn,

I am also using "i.MX 8M Quad EVK Board".

EVK Revision : SCH-29615 REV B3

Type: X-MCIMX8M-EVK

Regards,

Kunal

0 Kudos

chenzp
Contributor II

Hi Kunal Kotecha,

When I want to turn on Bluetooth, the Bluetooth status maintains this picture (as shown in the picture). How did you test Bluetooth?

IMG_0394.JPG

Regards,

ZhiPei

0 Kudos

kunalkotecha1
Senior Contributor II

Hi chenzp@myzr.com.cn,

From the screenshot, it seems the bluetooth is on. Now you need to pair new device. I have turned on/off bluetooth and also paired new device successfully.

Regards,

Kunal

0 Kudos

chenzp
Contributor II

Hi Kunal Kotecha,

When I click to match a new device, Bluetooth will turn off.

Regards,

ZheiPei

0 Kudos

kunalkotecha1
Senior Contributor II

Hi chenzp@myzr.com.cn,

Are you using the same prebuilt and EVK revision that is mentioned by me previosuly?

Regards,

Kunal

0 Kudos

chenzp
Contributor II

Hi Kunal Kotecha,

The image I am using is "android_p9.0.0_2.0.0-ga_image_8mqevk", and the development board I am using is shown in the figure.

image.png

Regards,

ZheiPei

0 Kudos

kunalkotecha1
Senior Contributor II

Hi chenzp@myzr.com.cn,

Please provide the board revision written on the back side of the EVK. Also, when you try to pair the device, bluetooth is turning off, right?. So, can you please share that particular log?

Regards,

Kunal

0 Kudos

chenzp
Contributor II

Hi Kunal Kotecha,

I have uploaded a log file at the beginning of the post, and now I will upload a new one.

IMG_0406.JPG

Regards,

ZheiPei

0 Kudos