imx8mq+4.14.78+yocto:aarch64-poky-linux-gcc: error: unrecognized command line option ‘-mfpu=neon’

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

imx8mq+4.14.78+yocto:aarch64-poky-linux-gcc: error: unrecognized command line option ‘-mfpu=neon’

传策薛
Contributor V

Hi community:

I use imx8mq+4.14.78+yocto bsp,and I "bitbake fsl-image-qt5-validation-imx -c populate_sdk", get the sdk。now I want to compile a ".c" file with options "-mfpu=neon -mfloat-abi=hard"。

but I get follow error:

aarch64-poky-linux-gcc --sysroot=/opt/fsl-imx-wayland/4.14-sumo/sysroots/aarch64-poky-linux -mfpu=neon -mfloat-abi=soft -O3 test_vfp_hard.c -o TEST_VFP_SOFT
aarch64-poky-linux-gcc: error: unrecognized command line option ‘-mfpu=neon’
aarch64-poky-linux-gcc: error: unrecognized command line option ‘-mfloat-abi=soft’
make: *** [soft] Error 1

How to fix it?

Thanks a lot.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

diegoadrian
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

Apparently, you need to export some flags on your makefile:

export CFLAGS="-mcpu=cortex-a53 -mfloat-abi=hard -mfpu=neon-fp-armv8 -mneon-for-64bits"

You can find more information on the below web page:

https://gist.github.com/fm4dd/c663217935dc17f0fc73c9c81b0aa845

Hope this information can help you.

Best regards,

Diego.

0 Kudos

传策薛
Contributor V

I tried follows:

pastedImage_1.png

It seems aarch64 does not support "-mfloat-abi=hard","-mfpu=neon-fp-armv8", "-mneon-for-64bits".

Using the GNU Compiler Collection (GCC): AArch64 Options 

I have found some ARM64 information. The aarch64-poky-linux-xx compiler supports hardware floating point arithmetic by default. Is it correct?

0 Kudos

diegoadrian
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

Unfortunately, we are unable to assist you with information related to the ARM processor, mostly because we do not have access to that information. I have found the below, hope it can help you. I apologize for the inconveniences this could give you.  

https://developer.arm.com/docs/100748/latest/using-common-compiler-options/selecting-floating-point-...

Best regards,

Diego.

0 Kudos