imx8mp sensor working on CSI-0 but not CSI-1

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

imx8mp sensor working on CSI-0 but not CSI-1

KobusGvid
Contributor II

I'm implementing a custom sensor driver using the imx8mp and the OV5640 driver as a base. I dont need i2c for now, so I just have a reset GPIO and a single resolution/framerate combination. 

The driver works, but only on CSI-0. If I connect it to CSI-1 it goes through the motions to start and set the reset gpio as expected, but the gstreamer window hangs waiting for mipi data while none arrives.  

Initially I suspected it was associated with the MIPI virtual-channel number, as our FPGA hardcodes it to 0, and I've seen some of the NXP drivers use the "csi_id" entry in the devicetree to define it. But changing it to 1 made no difference. Also, the ov5640.c driver, which appears to be the one in use, also sets the virtual channel to a fixed number. 

Is there some other parameter of the V4L2-media-entity that determines this?  

Below are some media-ctl graphs. The dual one is for the custom camera setup, and the last 2 are ov5640 configs, each plugged into a different port. 

dual_crosslink_ch0_working.dot.pngdual_ov5640_ch0_plugged_working.dot.pngdual_ov5640_ch1_plugged_working.dot.png

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

Bio_TICFSL
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

You must check the hardware user guide since you don't post the error you are receiving I can not be helpfull.

Regards

0 Kudos

KobusGvid
Contributor II
That's the issue, I'm not receiving an error, just no video. I can share my devicetree and the kernel driver if that would help.
0 Kudos