cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

imx8m plus board image upgrade

Jump to solution
chp0423
Contributor III

I am using an imx8m plus board purchased from vendor, which was a variant of imx8mp evk board. The board was runing image of 5.10 version, including a weston desktop. I upgraded it to 5.15.71 by re-compiling 5.15 kernel and using rootfs of 5.15 version downloaded from NXP website. After I burn the new-version image, the board can boot successfully, but the weston desktop can't run normally. There are some services failed: modprobe@drm.service: Failed with result 'start-limit-hit'. The weston.service was also failed. Do you have any idea what was wrong with the new version of kernel and rootfs?

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
chp0423
Contributor III

Finally it turned out to be the problem of /var/tmp directory. This directory was missing in the downloaded rootfs, due to unknown reason. After I created this directory manually, the systemd-logind.service and weston.service started successfully.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
chp0423
Contributor III

Finally it turned out to be the problem of /var/tmp directory. This directory was missing in the downloaded rootfs, due to unknown reason. After I created this directory manually, the systemd-logind.service and weston.service started successfully.

0 Kudos
joanxie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

since you use the third party company board, why don't you get them to burn their images? I suggest that you can contact them to get their images then test again

0 Kudos
chp0423
Contributor III

I was developing a raw sensor driver using hardware ISP. The ISP kernel module vvcam and isp-imx has been upgraded from 5.10 to 5.15 with a lot of bug fix. Therefore I need to use the 5.15 module and roofts. However the vendor has only image of 5.10 version that works with there board. I have to do upgrade by myself

0 Kudos