cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

imx8dx usb2

songhongliang
Contributor II

HI 

I want to use the second usb of imx8dx, but I don't know how to configure it. Is there a patch or help me complete the function together.

thanks!

0 Kudos
5 Replies

joanxie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

imx8dx use usbotg3 for usb2, try to change the source code about usbotg3 in the In fsl-imx8dxp.dtsi and fsl-imx8dxp.dtsi, you need to change according to your HW, I don't have such example for you

0 Kudos

songhongliang
Contributor II

hi 

The usb2 of imx8dx is usb2.0, the hardware is the same as the official reference schematic diagram, as shown in the picture, there are not too many other components.

thanks

0 Kudos

joanxie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

sorry I missed this picture before, for usb_otg2, I got information:

"imx8dx has two USB ports (one for chipidea, one for cdns3), and both are enabled, see arch/arm64/boot/dts/freescale/imx8x-mek.dtsi detail please."

0 Kudos

songhongliang
Contributor II

HI

Is it possible to use cdns3 for USB2.0? The second USB2.0 port of imx8dx, according to the device tree configuration of cdns3, the second USB cannot be used. My USB only has DP DN. There are no other auxiliary devices. I haven't found a suitable modification method yet. If there is a good modification method, please tell me in time.

thanks

Tags (1)
0 Kudos

joanxie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

.MX8QX/DX there are two USB controllers:

- One is USB2 compatible and the IP comes from ChipIdea (the same USB IP used on mx5/mx6/mx7)

- One is USB3 compatible and the IP comes from Cadence.

0 Kudos