[imx8QM] mini sas pin dismatch?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[imx8QM] mini sas pin dismatch?

cloudfu
Contributor I

I am using the imx8-QM main board with maxim serdes evkit to do screen test  then met below issue:

once the serdes is connected to imx8-QM by daughter board(maximx8_gmsl_demo_p1) with mini sas connector, the serdes's link is down(the lock_led is off and err_led is on for maxim96752 deserializer .).

currentlyl we suspected the mini SA pin on imx8-QM is not matched with the daughter board's.

any one can help clarify the issue or point out the pin difference?  thanks a lot.

The only info i can confirm is that imx8-QXP is worked with the daughter board.

The whole link is as below: 

imx8qm(mipi dsi) -- daughter board(maximx8_gmsl_demo_p1)-- maxim96789 serializer -- maxim96752 deserializer -- (OLDI demo adaptor) screen B101UAN02.1

BR

cloud fu

0 Kudos
3 Replies

cloudfu
Contributor I

serdes.jpg

0 Kudos

AldoG
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

i.MX8QM and i.MX8QX have the same MIPI-DSI interface, you can check that in the schematic for both boards.

Regarding the issue, please make sure the SAS connectors is properly pushed, they should click into place, and you should not be able to pull them apart without pressing the latch release.

Also, check that you're using the correct MIPI-DSI port (DSI0 or DSI1)

Best regards,
Aldo.

0 Kudos

cloudfu
Contributor I

Thanks for your replay.

now I met an issue 'maxim serializer is asserted instantly reset with voltage pulldown(1.8v to 1.0v, then recover to 1.8v) when just bootup imx8QM during test for imx8QM master DSI port connected to maxim serializer/deserializer solution',  i suspected it is related to the DSI pin A11 signal below.  can you pls clarify the signal  and what's the difference bettween imx8QM &imx8QXP:

thanks a lot.

imx8QM:

imx8qmimx8qm

imx8QXP:

imx8qxpimx8qxp

0 Kudos