imx8: perl error while creating code coverage file using lcov on i.MX8MQ with googletest framework

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

imx8: perl error while creating code coverage file using lcov on i.MX8MQ with googletest framework

vsuneja63
Contributor III

Hi,

Trying to create code coverage file after unit testing with googletest framework using lcov on i.MX8MQ target. But failing with some perl error. Here are the error logs:

imx8mqevk:/home/new_case1# lcov --capture --directory . --output-file main_coverage.info
Capturing coverage data from .
Can't locate bytes.pm in @INC (you may need to install the bytes module) (@INC contains: /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.30.1/aarch64-linux /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.30.1 /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.30.1/aarch64-linux /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.30.1 /usr/lib/perl5/5.30.1/aarch64-linux /usr/lib/perl5/5.30.1 .) at /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.30.1/JSON/backportPP.pm line 751.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.30.1/JSON/backportPP.pm line 751.
Compilation failed in require at (eval 15) line 1.
at /usr/bin/geninfo line 63.
Compilation failed in require at /usr/bin/geninfo line 63.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/bin/geninfo line 63.

Can you please suggest what could be the issue here. The same thing working on ubuntu 16.04 without error.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

Bio_TICFSL
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello vsuneja63,

This error is due to bad installation of perl, you can see this link to better installation:

https://community.nxp.com/t5/i-MX-Processors/How-to-add-missing-perl-modules-into-yocto/m-p/626125?r...

Regards

0 Kudos

vsuneja63
Contributor III

Hi,

Thanks!

Installed bytes rpm package from perl5 manually in i.MX8 board. Issue resolved with this.

Thanks & Regards,

Vipul Kumar