Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

imx8 nano (custom) uboot

Jump to solution
Sal2020
Contributor II

Hallo 

i have imx8 nano (custom) designed and the routing for LPDDR4, Emmc (uSDHC3) and UART are no longer like i.MX8M NANO LPDDR4 EVK.my costumer board has only USB and Emmc BOOT variant 
I want to put my board into operation and test if everything works.
steps:
1- I used the Config Tools for i.MX version 11.0 to configure the IOMUX (pads) like my i.MX 8M Nano UltraLite Quad custom (Package TBGA306).
Config Tools generates me pin_mux.c , pin_mux.h and pin_mux.dts.

2- According to (i.MX Porting Guide) Chapter 3 section 3.1.1 I created defconfig for my custom board.
My question
In which folder exactly can I put my "pin_mux.c , pin_mux.h and pin_mux.dts " ?
Are there things I should pay attention to ?

I have already customized my DDR with RPA and SCFW 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
AldoG
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

As stated in the Config Tools User Guide, page 35:

Tool generated board-oriented device tree (DTS) DTSI file is only a snippet and not a full device tree file content.

There are just basic device tree elements, initial skeleton, and processor-specific "pinfunc.h" includes together with functional groups of fsl, pins = <...> content definitions which provide the initial IOMUXC module configuration according to the tool UI defined pin routing and functional configurations. Content itself must be manually merged together with existing Linux BSP device tree file(s) in order to apply the tool generated pins configuration.

This tool also does not generate nor export processor-specific "pinfunc.h" file that is containing definition of all supported DTS pin functional configuration macros. This file is not purposely integrated within the tool output because it is a part of separate Linux BSP support package deliverables.

Also, as a final note, i.MX8MN does not use SCFW, please check that you have used the correct DDR stress test tool.

Best regards,
Aldo.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
AldoG
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

As stated in the Config Tools User Guide, page 35:

Tool generated board-oriented device tree (DTS) DTSI file is only a snippet and not a full device tree file content.

There are just basic device tree elements, initial skeleton, and processor-specific "pinfunc.h" includes together with functional groups of fsl, pins = <...> content definitions which provide the initial IOMUXC module configuration according to the tool UI defined pin routing and functional configurations. Content itself must be manually merged together with existing Linux BSP device tree file(s) in order to apply the tool generated pins configuration.

This tool also does not generate nor export processor-specific "pinfunc.h" file that is containing definition of all supported DTS pin functional configuration macros. This file is not purposely integrated within the tool output because it is a part of separate Linux BSP support package deliverables.

Also, as a final note, i.MX8MN does not use SCFW, please check that you have used the correct DDR stress test tool.

Best regards,
Aldo.

0 Kudos