imx8 fastboot and UUU tools

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

imx8 fastboot and UUU tools

dhty2015
Contributor II

I used imx8mq, android 9.0.In the uboot, I use fastboot 0 to enter the fastboot mode, and I can use the UUU tool to download the firmware.However, in the Windows CMD environment, using fastboot devices does not see any devices.Normal boot on android, same with adb reboot  bootloader.

Is it because the fastboot in android 9.0 only supports UUU devices and cannot use adb/fastboot tools?

0 Kudos
4 Replies

Wilson_S
Contributor I

It is a known fact that updating FW using Fastboot fails in WIN10. We expect the NXP R&D team to solve this problem and provide a suitable fastboot USB driver for win10. After all, factories and ordinary people install Windows 10.

https://community.nxp.com/t5/i-MX-Processors/MX8MM-won-t-enter-fastboot-mode/m-p/937720#M140466   <- NO WORK!!!

However this is a very serious problem!!!

0 Kudos

AldoG
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

Sometimes the host PC selects an incorrect driver model of the USB devices, leading to the PC inability to find fastboot devices, please follow this steps

1.- Run "reboot bootloader" in console after boot (device side)

2.- in host side, open "Computer Management->Device Manager", you'll note that the USB appears as:

Universal Serial Bus devices -> USB download gadget

3.- Right click it, and choose “Updated Driver -> browse my computer for driver software -> let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer”, clear “Show compatible hardware” item, then choose “ADB devices”.

4.-Select yes to the pop-up window, this will select the USB as an ADB device.

Reboot your device and it should be listed on your host for adb/fastboot tools

Hope this helps,

Best regards,

Aldo.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

dhty2015
Contributor II

你好:

我已经这么做过了,但还是显示USB download gadget 设备,而且无法看到ADB/fastboot 设备。重启了PC和8mq也一样。

不过还是谢谢你~

0 Kudos

chaitanyaarur
Contributor II

Hi, 

I am also facing same issue. Is it resolved for you?.

0 Kudos