Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

imx8: How to bring up HFP(Hands free profile) bluetooth im imx8mq evk android12

vipulkumar1
Contributor I

Hi,

Thanks!

I could bring up android 12 on imx8mq evk. I am trying to bring up bluetooth "Hands free profile" on android 12. Can you please help me with the steps to enable HFP on android? Is there any prebuild android app as well which can be used to test this feature?

Looking forward for your response asap.

Regards,

Vipul Kumar

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

surya45
Contributor II

Hi @hector_delgado  ,

I am workking on imx8mp phyboard_pollux. trying to bring up Hands Free profile in android 11. using realtek module for bluetooth.

tried setting hfp client related configurations as true in android_build/packages/apps/Bluetooth/res/values/config.xml

but when a call attempted to the phone which is connected to the board.the phone is getting disconnected with the board.

please help

0 Kudos

vsuneja63
Contributor III

Hi,

Thanks!

I am using i.MX8MQ evaluation kit, didn't understand the expected version info here. Bring up with Android12. Below is the link for refernece.

https://www.nxp.com/design/development-boards/i-mx-evaluation-and-development-boards/evaluation-kit-...

I am using inbuild bluetooth Wi-Fi module.

0 Kudos

hector_delgado
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @vsuneja63 ,

Thank you. The information for enabling HFP on android for the i.MX 8M Quad EVK is found in the Feature Configuration Guide for NXP-Based Wireless Modules on i.MX 8M Quad EVK (https://www.nxp.com/webapp/Download?colCode=UM11490).

Let me know if this information was of any help.

Best regards,
Hector.

0 Kudos

hector_delgado
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @vipulkumar1 ,

I hope you're having a nice day. Could you let me know which version of the i.MX 8MQ are you using? Also, I need to know if you're using an external module for bluetooth (if so, specify the version as well).

Best regards,
Hector.

0 Kudos