imx6ull turning off during temperature test (thermal_zone0)

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

imx6ull turning off during temperature test (thermal_zone0)

brunoferrarezi
Contributor II

Hi all friends from NXP and forum colleagues,

We have here ond NXP Kit (EVK based on SCH-28617 PDF: SPF-28617).

We are testing temperature rise with this EVK and have observed that the message below appears when the test equipment that raises the temperature is at 40°C. See below:

[ 1481.858375] thermal thermal_zone0: critical temperature reached (90 C), shutting down
[ 1484.017871] thermal thermal_zone0: critical temperature reached (90 C), shutting down
[ 1485.139445] thermal thermal_zone0: critical temperature reached (90 C), shutting down
[ 1486.258514] thermal thermal_zone0: critical temperature reached (90 C), shutting down

[ 5.316041] reboot: Power down

When We tried to read the temp We got that information:

cat /sys/class/thermal/thermal_zone0/temp

Could anyone tell me if I need calibrate something to decrease the temperature difference and how I can do that?

BR!

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

brunoferrarezi
Contributor II

Hello @JorgeCas ,

Thanks for your message.

We are using Buildroot 2020.02.1.

There is a way to modify those values ? I'm measure the processor casing and the temperature that linux show is around 20°C above what I'm measuring.

We checked with a temperature camera and the temperature appears to be 20 degrees above what is being measured.

Wainting your comments.

BR

0 Kudos

JorgeCas
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

Did you try with our latest official BSP? If not, could you please try it?

Best regards.

0 Kudos

JorgeCas
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

When reaching passive point, cooling device will notify CPU to run at a lower frequency (trip_point_0_temp).

When the temperature drops to 10 °C below passive point, cooling device will release all the cooling actions.

When reaching critical point, cooling device will shut down the system (trip_point_1_temp).

cat /sys/class/thermal/thermal_zone0/trip_point_0_temp

cat /sys/class/thermal/thermal_zone0/trip_point_1_temp

This is also defined on imx_thermal.c.

Which Linux version are you using?

Best regards.

0 Kudos