cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

imx6ull builded yocto project to get ubi rootfs

ida_jiang
Contributor III

Hello,

I am using L4.14.98ga and the fsl-image-machine-test on an imx6ull board. I have finished the original compile with no change. And to get the ubi rootfs, I changed the file /imx6ull-yocto/sources/meta-fsl-bsp-release/imx/meta-sdk/conf/distro/include/fsl-imx-base.inc as follows:

IMAGE_FSTYPES = "tar.bz2 ext4 sdcard.bz2 ubi"
UBI_VOLNAME = "roofts"
MKUBIFS_ARGS = "-F -m 2048 -e 126976 -c 2048"
UBINIZE_ARGS = "-m 2048 -p 128KiB -p 128KiB -s 2048 -O 2048"
      When I bitbake fsl-image-machine-test, it showed the error :
ERROR: Task (/home/jy/imx6ull-yocto/sources/meta-freescale-distro/recipes-fsl/images/fsl-image-machine-test.bb:do_image_sdcard) failed with exit code '1'
ERROR: fsl-image-machine-test-1.0-r0 do_image_ubi: Function failed: do_image_ubi (log file is located at /home/jy/imx6ull-yocto/build-x11/tmp/work/imx6ull14x14evk-poky-linux-gnueabi/fsl-image-machine-test/1.0-r0/temp/log.do_image_ubi.32366)
ERROR: Logfile of failure stored in: /home/jy/imx6ull-yocto/build-x11/tmp/work/imx6ull14x14evk-poky-linux-gnueabi/fsl-image-machine-test/1.0-r0/temp/log.do_image_ubi.32366
ERROR: Task (/home/jy/imx6ull-yocto/sources/meta-freescale-distro/recipes-fsl/images/fsl-image-machine-test.bb:do_image_ubi) failed with exit code '1'
How do I deal with it ? Or the configuration that I did wasn't correct ?
Hope your help!
Tags (3)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

gusarambula
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Ida J,

The Ubi rootfs is not supported by the BSP so you would need to perform some changes to generate it. You would need to add it to IMAGE_FSTYPES but there are some additional parameters.

The following post have some explanation and recommends using an example from other board to customize it, but you would need to make these changes yourself.

https://community.nxp.com/thread/320655

I hope this helps!

Regards,

0 Kudos

ida_jiang
Contributor III

I forgot two logs, and they are:

ERROR: fsl-image-machine-test-1.0-r0 do_image_sdcard: Function failed: do_image_sdcard (log file is located at /home/jy/imx6ull-yocto/build-x11/tmp/work/imx6ull14x14evk-poky-linux-gnueabi/fsl-image-machine-test/1.0-r0/temp/log.do_image_sdcard.32363)
ERROR: Logfile of failure stored in: /home/jy/imx6ull-yocto/build-x11/tmp/work/imx6ull14x14evk-poky-linux-gnueabi/fsl-image-machine-test/1.0-r0/temp/log.do_image_sdcard.32363

0 Kudos