imx6ull build error!

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

imx6ull build error!

arunkumarsn
Contributor I

I have an imx6ull development kit and we are trying to build yocto project for the same! 

When we are fetching the kernel, we keep getting this error. Can you please provide some help!

Please find the error below:

NOTE: Tasks Summary: Attempted 2692 tasks of which 2691 didn't need to be rerun and 1 failed.
No currently running tasks (927 of 2732)
WARNING: linux-imx-4.1.15-r0 do_fetch: Failed to fetch URL git://git.freescale.com/imx/linux-imx.git;protocol=git;branch=imx_4.1.15_2.0.0_ga, attempting MIRRORS if available
ERROR: linux-imx-4.1.15-r0 do_fetch: Fetcher failure: Fetch command failed with exit code 128, output:
Cloning into bare repository '/home/katna/projects/pavoroti/imx_yacto/downloads//git2/git.freescale.com.imx.linux-imx.git'...
fatal: read error: Connection reset by peer
fatal: early EOF
fatal: index-pack failed
ERROR: linux-imx-4.1.15-r0 do_fetch: Function failed: Fetcher failure for URL: 'git://git.freescale.com/imx/linux-imx.git;protocol=git;branch=imx_4.1.15_2.0.0_ga'. Unable to fetch URL from any source.
ERROR: Logfile of failure stored in: /home/katna/projects/pavoroti/imx_yacto/build_base/tmp/work/imx6ull14x14evk-poky-linux-gnueabi/linux-imx/4.1.15-r0/temp/log.do_fetch.12781
ERROR: Task 50 (/home/katna/projects/pavoroti/imx_yacto/sources/meta-fsl-bsp-release/imx/meta-bsp/recipes-kernel/linux/linux-imx_4.1.15.bb, do_fetch) failed with exit code '1'
Thanks,
Arun
Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies

Carlos_Musich
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Arun,

For one or the other reason the GIT server is sometimes not reachable, but you still have the option to download the source code from Freescale Public GIT and then build it. If you have the need for various builds based on the same release, then it's useful to download all sources one time and base the following builds then on (a copy of) the local sources:

$ bitbake -c fetchall target

In Yocto Project Development Manual in chapter 5.15 you find some more information.

Regards,
Carlos

0 Kudos

joshuaostrander
Contributor I

Thanks Carlos but I still have the problem occasionally. I do have all the files local now and I'd like to cut the ties back to the internet from my yocto build but if I build with BB_NO_NETWORK = "1" I still get the build attempting to do a git ls-remote.  I found this page (How do I - Yocto Project ) while searching and followed its advice (removed the branch name) but my build still wants to do a git ls-remote.

It does seem to work when I use BB_FETCH_PREMIRRORONLY but it still goes to the remote git server in order to do a build.  Any ideas how to get BB_NO_NETWORK to work?  Thanks!

0 Kudos

oleg_metelitsa
Contributor I

Hello, Arun,

I have exactly the same error. One week ago it was no error on the same PC in the same office with very fast Internet access, no Proxy.

It looks like the git server has a problem (unexpected EOF in one of the files ?).

git.freescale.com is really unstable. Sometimes it works, sometimes it does not work at all for some time :smileysad:.

Regards,

Oleg

0 Kudos

fsiegel
Contributor I

Same Problem here, cloning the exact same branch (imx_4.1.15_2.0.0_ga) fails with:

fatal: The remote end hung up unexpectedly
fatal: early EOF
fatal: index-pack failed

Somehow cloning u-boot succeeded from the same repository on the same computer on the second try.

Cloning large repositories from Github also works just fine.

Regards,

Felix

0 Kudos

Carlos_Musich
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Arun,

this error is usually caused by problems on your network.  Please verify that you have stable internet connection and you may also contact your system administrator because if you are using firewalls or porxy server this may avoid conenction to repo.

Regards,
Carlos

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

arunkumarsn
Contributor I

Hi Carlos,

Thanks for the quick response.

When we try to clone using the following command it always fails with connection refused error ! We confirmed that there is no firewall or proxy settings that stops it ! 

git clone -b imx_4.1.15_1.0.0_ga git://git.freescale.com/imx/linux-imx.git

And, with this command git -c core.fsyncobjectfiles=0 ls-remote git://git.freescale.com/imx/linux-2.6-imx.git, once we were able to get the response back. 

Looks to be issue with the server. Can you please confirm ?

Thanks,

Arun

0 Kudos