cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

imx6ul with DDR3L SDRAM

surendradhobale
Contributor III

Hello,

I am working on i.mx6ul based custom board. We want to added support of New DDR MT41K256M16TW on i.MX6ul in a replacement of older DDR3.i.e MT41K256M16TW-107AIT:P

We have taken the ref of the pico-imx6ul-emmc board. It has MT41K256M16HA-125:E

Also swapped the datalines as one to one ( i.e DRAM_DATA0(uc) <--> DQ0(DDR), DRAM_DATA1 <-->DQ1, DRAM_DATA2 <-->DQ2.....DRAM_DATA15 <-->DQ15) , previously it was differently mapped in the ref board.

For such change is need to change in the bootloader ? For DDR interface in software ( uboot) which changes need to do and where ?

Regards,

Surendra

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

surendradhobale
Contributor III

Hello,

Thanks for your valuable inputs. After the ddr stress test, suppose we get the values. Then i have to put that in uboot/..boards/freescale/board_name/*.cfg file. I have seen the imximage.cfg for the evaluation board.

Sorry but i dont have more idea about this file. From where i can get more details about the file and how to write this file and which are existing parametes in this files.

Can you please give me more details about the registers and its values of the cfg file.? So that i can able to modify this file.

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Surendra

for new board it is necessary first to run ddr test

https://community.freescale.com/docs/DOC-105652
and find new ddr calibration coefficients.
Then place them in uboot/..boards/freescale/board_name/*.cfg file.
Also change uboot/include/configs/board_name.h for ddr size, like
#define PHYS_SDRAM_SIZE        (2u * 1024 * 1024 * 1024)

May be useful to refer to attached Porting Guide, Chapter 1 Porting U-Boot.

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos