cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

imx6ul heat specifications

kevinjoly
Contributor I

Hello,

I did some temperature tests on a NXP MCIMX6G2AVM07AA SoC (automotive grades, 696MHz). It is running a stress test application https://github.com/stressapptest/stressapptest. After 20 minutes, on table, it is reaching 71 degrees C.
I also ran this test on a MCIMX6G2CVM05AA (Commercial grades 528MHz). It only reached 45 degrees. Of course it is a lower frequency but running the stress test on the MCIMX6G2AVM07AA in low power mode (198MHz) made the temperature reached 67 degrees C.

I was wondering why there is so much differencies in terms of temperature between both SoCs. Why the automotive one is heating much more than the commercial one even with a lower frequency?

Thanking you by advance,

Kevin

0 Kudos
1 Reply

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Kevin

one can check if internal plls and modules clocks are set in the same

frequencies in both cases, in general as automotive grade uses more high

frequency transistors they may consume more power.

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos