Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

imx6ul burned the rootfs.sdcard file into emmc failed by using uuu

Jump to solution
ida_jiang
Contributor III

Hello ,

I'm leanring the imx6ulevk and using the L4.14.98ga. I wanted to burn the u-boot and rootfs.sdcard into eMMC, but it failed. I don't how deal with it. I used the uuu according to the reference -- i.MX Linux User's Guide. 

① The serial download mode is as follows:

SW601       ON    OFF

SW602       ON    OFF   OFF   OFF

② When I plug in the USB port, it would show the choose of accessing ubuntu. But when I used uuu to burn, the hint showed again.

微信截图_20191012101530.png

③ The Ubuntu interface is shown below:

微信截图_20191012101453.png

Tags (3)
1 Solution
AldoG
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

When you run the tool by using the following command:

$ sudo ./uuu <bootloader>

It will only download uboot to the internal RAM it isn't burnt on the eMMC or SD.

For example if you want to burn only uboot into the eMMC you'll need to use this command:

$ sudo ./uuu -b emmc <bootloader>

That in this case it will fail as it did in your previous attempt due to the absence of the eMMC.

Hope this helps,

Best regards,

Aldo.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.
---------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

5 Replies
AldoG
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

On the imx6ul EVK the eMMC is not populated, if you want to test the EVK, insert the MicroSD card into socket J301 on the CPU board (700-28617), configure switch SW602 to serial downloader, plug in USB and then you can run this command:

$ sudo ./uuu -b sd_all <bootloader> <rootfs>.sdcard

It will flash the whole Linux image to the MicroSD card.

Hope this helps,

Best regards,

Aldo.

0 Kudos
ida_jiang
Contributor III

Hello,

Thank you very much for your reply to my questions.

And I have ever had the same view. But when I looked log like the picture as follows, I confused. If  the eMMC is not populated, why could it success ? It even could boot the u-boot but not find the kernel obiviously. This is my previous attempt and I couldn't show it again. I burned it with no sdcard inserted. Did I burn it to other memory ? Looking forward to your reply.

uuu_success.png

0 Kudos
AldoG
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

When you run the tool by using the following command:

$ sudo ./uuu <bootloader>

It will only download uboot to the internal RAM it isn't burnt on the eMMC or SD.

For example if you want to burn only uboot into the eMMC you'll need to use this command:

$ sudo ./uuu -b emmc <bootloader>

That in this case it will fail as it did in your previous attempt due to the absence of the eMMC.

Hope this helps,

Best regards,

Aldo.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.
---------------------------------------------------------------------

ida_jiang
Contributor III

Hello ,

I think I have got it. I really appreciate your help. And thank you again.  (^.^)

0 Kudos
AldoG
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

Glad to help you

Regards,

Aldo.

0 Kudos