imx6sx, resizepart problem

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

imx6sx, resizepart problem

denisgottardell
Contributor I

Hi. I'm starting to develop on a imx6sx demo board, with Linux in it.
I need to resize the partition, so I have resized it with fdisk to use all the sd card.
Now I try to use resizepeart utility but it has no effect.
I use the utility like this:

resizepart /dev/mmcblk3 2 15499264

Which is the right way?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

denisgottardell
Contributor I

Sorry but maybe my explanation was not so good.
I already have a yocto Linux installed in the sd card using dd.
The main partition is not so big so I have gor only 200 mb free.
I want to increase the same paritition to fill the 8gb sd card. I don't want to create a second partitition.
The official Raspberry image has got an utility called resize2fs that permit to icrease the root partitition to fill the sd card.
Is there sometinh similar?

0 Kudos

Carlos_Musich
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Denis,

when you say "the main partition is not so big", I assume you are talking about the Linux partition where root file system is located right? NOt the FAT partition where kernel and device tree are located.

0 Kudos

denisgottardell
Contributor I

Hi. I'm speaking about the /dev/root partition. Now it is 1.8gb size, 204mb free.
I want to increase it to fill the sd card, as I can do in raspberry pi environment.

0 Kudos

Carlos_Musich
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Denis,

If you build your Linux image using one of our BSPs you will find in your build directory a .sdcard file

<Build_dir>/tmp/deploy/images/<board>/filename.sdcard

Then you need to use dd command to deploy image in sdcard... please see Task #4 in Yocto Training - HOME 

This command will set a small FAT partition just enough for zImage and .dtb file and the other partition will be a Linux partition for file system.

I hope this helps.

Regards,
Carlos
NXP Technical Support
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos