cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

imx6solo HDMI_VPH internally shorted to GND

diegoperez
Contributor II

Hi experts,

I have a imx6solo design in production. A few boards have an issue with HDMI_VPH (ball M7). The boards run properly initial tests but fails in the next steps of production. Under failure +2V5 rail is tied to GND due to short-circuit into M7 ball of imx6solo. If I remove power from M7 ball, the +2V5 rail is up again and board runs properly, except HDMI because HDMI_VPH is internally short-circuited to GND and not powered.

Something happens in the board that lead to M7 to be GND shorted.

I have HDMI_VPH, NVCC_LVDS2P5, NVCC_MIPI, NVCC_RGMII and NVCC_ENET connected to an external regulator. Datasheet and documentation connect HDMI_VPH, NVCC_LVDS2P5, NVCC_MIPI to VDDHIGH_CAP. It could be the problem?

BR

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Diego

incorrect power up sequence, esd discharge or overheating may cause

similar problems. One can apply to nxp local marketing office for performing FA analysis.

In general connection to external regulator also can be used.

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

diegoperez
Contributor II

Thanks Igor,

I launched the question to my FAE, but let me share a diagram and the sequence of my power. At a quick look, are there something that could be the cause of the issue?

sequence.png

diagram.png

BR

0 Kudos