cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

imx6solo - Emulation

sayi
Contributor II

Hello NXP Team,

Could you please help me with below questions.

-     How can we emulate solo on a dual lite SABRE SD board ( Latest(L4.1.x) SPL,u-boot/linux kernel patch ) please?

-     Does the ROM code on the processor detect SPI NOR boot device and stream the IVT/DCD/uboot code to    SRAM/DRAM?

i,e on our custom board we interface NOR FLASH to eCSPI3 module. Are the necessary pin configurations and SPI read and write API's already available in the ROM code to detect the eCSPI3 interface properly and load the code?Any modifications needed in uboot to make it work?

Thanks in advance,

Says

Labels (1)
3 Replies

sayi
Contributor II

Thank you Igor. that helps.

Could you also help with below questions:

1) I was looking at your reference manual for solo/duallite imx6 processor (page 404)and wanted to clarify the below statement

"

The maximum image size to load in SD/MMC boot is 32MB. This is due to the limited number of    uSDHC ADMA Buffer Descriptors allocated by ROM "

Does this mean we are limited to 32MB image size hard to believe as Yocto base image itself is around 100MB

2) We are building images for SABRE duallite using Yocto based build environment. Is there a way to reduce the size of the image/rootfs? Which scripts or procedure should I follow to get a minimal filesystem and linux kernel working (core -image-minimal -> 30MB, Looking for something below 15MB)

3) Exact procedure to add in custom changes to linux kernel and build the image in yocto environment. Your BSP porting manual explains Uboot clearly but wondering if there is a neat way to rebuild kernel and rootfs together?

Appreciate your response,

Says

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

- usually uboot is loaded at first, so size does not matter

-core-image-minimal : small image that only allows a device to boot.

-

https://community.freescale.com/docs/DOC-95333

https://community.freescale.com/docs/DOC-100203

~igor

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Says

please refer to attached Linux Guide sect.5 Enabling Solo Emulation.

> Does the ROM code on the processor detect SPI NOR boot device and stream the IVT/DCD/uboot code toSRAM/DRAM?

yes

for booting from spi one can follow sect.4.5.8 Booting from SPI-NOR, also please check

uboot/include/configs/board.h for #ifdef CONFIG_SYS_USE_SPINOR

Best regards

igor

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------