imx6q v4l2 open overlay and capture ERROR: v4l2 capture: mxc_v4l_dqueue timeout enc_counter 0

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

imx6q v4l2 open overlay and capture ERROR: v4l2 capture: mxc_v4l_dqueue timeout enc_counter 0

navyliang
Contributor I

Hello all,

I would like to use imx6q IPU open overlay  function, and V4L2 capture in the same time.

but  overlay normal display, v4l2 capture fuction :ioctl(fd_v4l, VIDIOC_DQBUF, &queue_buf))error:

v4l2 capture: mxc_v4l_dqueue ERROR: timeout enc_counter 0.

How to solve it?

In addition,  can use the mxc_v4l2_test example to solve  v4l2 get frame buffer and ipu overlay display?

thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

jamesbone
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

The IC combining performance is not good, and for VDIC combining, it can combine two RGB planes and output to one RGB plane, no CSC supported, the limitation for VDIC combining is that the two planes should be in same color space. In fact, you can use the GPU G2D to combine, it can get better performance.

The sample code can be found in gpu package, such as "gpu-viv-bin-mx6q-3.0.35-4.1.0.tar.gz", "gpu-viv-bin-mx6q-3.0.35-4.1.0/usr/share/imx-gpu/g2d/test/", the sample code will combine the plane to framebuffer and show on display directly.

CSI->IC->memory with memory->IC->memory combining can also be supported. But we haven't supported it in BSP.

0 Kudos

navyliang
Contributor I

@jamesbone,Thanks very much!

I try to use g2d.

0 Kudos