imx6q sabreauto not booting from sd card and not getting even single message from sonsole

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

imx6q sabreauto not booting from sd card and not getting even single message from sonsole

iamdharm20
Contributor I

Hi ,

i am trying to bring imx6q sabre auto board (MCIMX6xAICPU2) But somehow i am  not even getting single consoles message after applying power of 5V DC and 4A current.

i do not know what is the problem here. could you please help us to figure out the problem?

setup details:

booting from sd card by using the boot configuration as shown in picture.

i have downloaded prbuilt images from freescale.com/SABREAI as Mentioned in reference manuals.

SABRE|Automotive-Infotainment|i.MX6 | NXP 

i am using 5v and 4a power adapter. when apply power supply i can see that 4 yellow , 1 blue and 1 orange leds are glowing.

Thanks & Best Regards,

Dharmender Sharma

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

CarlosCasillas
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Sharma,
You could also take a look to the following thread, who also had troubles on the getting started of i.MX6 SABRE AUTO board:

Getting started with MCIMX6DLAICPU2 

Hope this will be useful for you.
Best regards!
/Carlos
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

kunalkotecha1
Senior Contributor II

Hi iamdharm20@gmail.com,

Are you flashing pre-built SD card image?If yes, then please go through below mentioned approach.

The sdcard image that comes in the archive for newer releases only works on i.MX6Q-SDB board. To build an image for i.MX6Q-sabre-auto, you need to follow the steps from the i.MX Linux User Guide, chapter 4.3 (Preparing an SD/MMC card to boot), which comes with Linux Documentaion.

Since the kernel image and the root filesystem are same for all various i.MX boards specified in archive you downloaded, you can just flash the already available sdcard image.

Once you flash the already available sdcard image, you need to follow below steps for your board:

1) Flash the U-boot image for your board to the SD card. In your case "u-boot-imx6qsabreauto_sd.imx" will be used.(Steps to flash only U-boot will be available in i.MX Linux User Guide)

2) Make sure the dtb for your board(zImage-imx6q-sabreauto.dtb) is available in the first partition.If not, please copy the dtb from prebuilt images to the first partition of SD card. Also, make sure that U-boot variable "fdt_file" points to the the dtb file you are using.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Regards,

Kunal

0 Kudos