Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

imx6q how to display my logo instead of 4 penguins in kernel

Jump to solution
jiejia
Contributor III

board:sabresd  BSP:3.0.35 

Hi, I want to show my picture when the kernel boot, but now the screen shows 4 penguins. What should I need to do in order to show my logo?

Labels (6)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Rita_Wang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi jie jia,

You can modify the logo.c file in linux driver. Replace the display penguins when kernel boot up with your logo picture. In the linux BSP, the path of logo.c file is /linux-3.0.35/drivers/video/logo/logo.c, if you are using the linux-3.0.35 vesion BSP.

Here you have to make sure the Resolution are the same with the penguins on display.

Have a great day,
Dan

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Rita_Wang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi jie jia,

You can modify the logo.c file in linux driver. Replace the display penguins when kernel boot up with your logo picture. In the linux BSP, the path of logo.c file is /linux-3.0.35/drivers/video/logo/logo.c, if you are using the linux-3.0.35 vesion BSP.

Here you have to make sure the Resolution are the same with the penguins on display.

Have a great day,
Dan

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos
gary_bisson
Senior Contributor III

Hi,

Please read this article about keeping the U-Boot logo while the kernel is booting up:

Patch to support uboot logo keep from uboot to kernel to Android for JB4.2.2_1.1.0-GA and L3.0.35_4....

Regards,

Gary

0 Kudos