imx6q hdmi display prefrred resolution match fail

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

imx6q hdmi display prefrred resolution match fail

houyong
Contributor III

We want to match the display preferred resolution while hdmi hotplug in, but when set display to its preferred resolution it blurred.Maybe the android system output resolution does not match the display resolution.We want to know how to change the system output resolution dynamically and may nxp supply the hwcomposer_fsl.imx6q.so binary libray source code?Have you met the same problem early and offer us support?Thank you!

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

diegoadrian
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello

Are you using a custom board or is one of our boards?

Best Regards,

Diego

0 Kudos

houyong
Contributor III

custom board with imx6q and android5.1

0 Kudos

diegoadrian
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Is there a possibility that you can post me the exact steps that you followed. I need them to reproduce your error in one of our boards.

Best Regards,

Diego.

0 Kudos

houyong
Contributor III

Thanks for your reply!Here are my steps:

1. the original video args in kernel command line is "video=mxcfb0:dev=hdmi,1920x1080M@60,bpp=32 video=mxcfb1:off video=mxcfb2:off video=mxcfb3:off", and I modified it as "video=mxcfb0:dev=ldb,bpp=32 video=mxcfb1:dev=hdmi,1920x1080M@60,bpp=32 video=mxcfb2:off video=mxcfb3:off" to adjust hdmi to secondary display.

2. recompile images and download

3. reboot the board and descovery that the bootanimation can not show on hdmi display

You may reproduce it, and I guess that the secondary display copying main display is controlled by android WindowManagerService(WMS for short).

0 Kudos

houyong
Contributor III

Anyone?I modify mxcfb0 to lvds and mxcfb1 to hdmi(we do not have lvds display),let hdmi be second display to support hotplug.Then preferred resolution worked.But during android booting,the bootanimation can not display on hdmi.Do you have any idea?

0 Kudos