imx6q ethernet network detection too slow

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

imx6q ethernet network detection too slow

leonardoprates
Contributor III

I have a custom board based on sabresd running android 6.0.1 with 3.X kernel and AR8031 phy. The connection is the same. When I plug cable the two ethernet blinks at same time slowly and takes long to time to identify the network and be able to communicate. After that it works, but only in 10M and networks support 1000M. I double checked all connections and all is correct. Someone experienced this kind of behaviour?

Leonardo

Labels (4)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

diegoadrian
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Leonardo,

I tested by myself the Ethernet speed connection, and it worked fine for me. Probably you are not setting the mac address from your board. Remember that if you want to set the mac address, it needs to be through u-boot.

I hope this can help you.

Best Regards,

Diego.

0 Kudos

leonardoprates
Contributor III

Hi Diego, thanks for your answer. I defined "ethaddr" env variable in uboot with MAC address read from an EEPROM. The kernel (Android) gets it's value correctly. I think that problem is related with ethernet auto negotiation. I checked all hardware connections and seems ok, but auto negotiation takes long (maybe timeout) and at end works only in 10M. I doesn't understand a lot about ethernet, for that reason I used the same PHY with same connections that SABRESD board, only RJ45 with TRAFO is different, but supports Gigabit exactly as SABRESD.

Leonardo 

0 Kudos