imx6q dual display config?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

imx6q dual display config?

_benjamindubb
Contributor II

I've been able to get our i.MX6Q board to work with two 1280x800 displays. My primary display is LVDS and 2nd display is HDMI. I have the following config:

mxcfb0:dev=ldb,LDB-WXGA,if=RGB24 mxcfb1:dev=hdmi,LDB-WXGA,if=RGB24 ldb=dul0

I can use either fb0 or fb2 independently. The issue is, I want to be able to have a framebuffer that spans the two screens, i.e. 2560x800 resolution.

Is it possible to do this with i.MX6Q? I tried different ldb parameters with no success.

Can someone please provide an example config to achieve this mode. Thanks,

-Ben

Labels (4)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

Raybiztech
Contributor V

Hi Benjamin,

I am not sure but i think so it is possible.you can check ldb.c file in driver/video/mxc of kernel source.

there are four modes split,dual,single,seperate

split mode means display data from DI0 or DI1 will split to both channels LVDS0+LVDS1.

so if you give bootargument as ldb=spl0/1 it will show data from DI0 or DI1 on both.

Also look into table 39-4 Channel Mapping on page no 3506 in IMX6 reference manual(IMX6DQRM).

I didn't tested it before will you please check this and let me know the result.

regards,

raybiztech

0 Kudos

_benjamindubb
Contributor II

I spent more than a few hours trying different combinations of ldb and video arguments in bootargs, with nothing to show for it. There is no description in either the kernel src or the docs that specifically describe how to configure expanded display.

This https://community.freescale.com/message/354086#354086 was pointed out to me, which seems to indicate it's not currently supported. But I would love Freescale to comment on when this configuration will be supported. I'm using Wayland window manager instead of X, if that makes a difference.

Thanks,

-Ben

0 Kudos

YixingKong
Senior Contributor IV

Benjamin

This discussion is closed since no activity. If you still need help, please feel free to reply with an update to this discussion, or create another discussion.

Thanks,

Yixing

0 Kudos

YixingKong
Senior Contributor IV

Benjamin

Had your issue got resolved? If yes, we are going to close the discussion in 3 days. If you still need help, please feel free to reply with an update to this discussion.

Thanks,
Yixing

0 Kudos