cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

imx6q display resolution 1280*800 fail

dileepkumar_red
Contributor II

Hi ,

I am using a custom board running android 6 on imx6q processor.

In kernel source Default resolution was set to 1920*1080 and i have changed it to 1280*800 and facing an issue with the display

Android is booting up properly but display does not come up sometimes

Lets assume that i am booting the board for 10 times . the display does not come for 3 times which shows "no input signal"

Any inputs would be helpful

Regards,

Dileep

0 Kudos
3 Replies

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Dileep

such random failures can be related to clock switching procedures as described in EB821

LDB Clock Switch Procedure & i.MX6 Asynchronous Clock Switching Guidelines

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

dileepkumar_red
Contributor II

Hi Igor,

Thank you for your quick response.

Have gone through the document shared by you and it isn't helping with this particular problem.

Below is the detailed scenraio :

We have HDMI as the primary display. If we set the resolution to 1920x1080p ,display works all the time whereas while setting the resolution to 1280x800 we encounter this issue.

Any pointers would be helpful.

Regards

Dileep

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Dileep

i.MX6DQ HDMI module supports only resolutions described in

Table 33-3. Video Modes i.MX 6Dual/6Quad Applications Processor Reference Manual

Best regards
igor

0 Kudos