imx6q - Examples of using OpenGL and OpenCL in same app?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

imx6q - Examples of using OpenGL and OpenCL in same app?

Robert_P
Contributor I

Hello,

I'm on an imx6q, and I'm having trouble using OpenGL ES 2.0 and OpenCL 1.1 in the same app.

For example, let's say I have two separate apps: an OpenGL ES 2.0 app, and an OpenCL 1.1 app.

The OpenGL ES 2.0 app is the 01_SimpleTriangle example from the GPU SDK, running on the framebuffer using Makefile.fbdev.

The OpenCL 1.1 app is just a simple example app that performs a calculation on the GPU.

If I run the OpenGL ES 2.0 app by itself, it runs fine.  I see the triangle right side up on my display.

Likewise, if I run the OpenCL 1.1 app by itself, it runs fine.

Now I want to combine them.  In a render loop, I need a calculation to be done in OpenCL, and then I need to render using OpenGL.

But if I try to combine the two example apps into one app, the triangle gets rendered upside down.

I must be doing something wrong, but I haven't been able to figure out what.

Are there any simple examples of using OpenGL ES 2.0 and OpenCL 1.1 in the same app?

Regards,

0 Kudos
2 Replies

b36401
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Unfortunately there may be some conflicts between CL and GL texture structures.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Have a great day,
Victor

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

Robert_P
Contributor I

That is unfortunate.  Is there a conflict even if I'm using OpenCL buffer objects, and not using OpenCL image objects?

0 Kudos