cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

imx6d wdog1 reboot not stable

jiujinhong
Contributor IV

Hi,

once my board finished boot, it will automatically enter into powersave mode(396Mhz, code disable suspend feature). if reboot by wdog1, it will hang. If use performance scaling_governor, it can reboot successfully and Uboot reboot cause is WDOG. But system will auto reboot(POR reboot) once boot completed. the hardware hasn't no any  plan to use WDOG_B.

Labels (5)
0 Kudos
8 Replies

Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

It is highly recommended to remove power (voltage source) to all components on the board in the  
event of a processor reset. This avoids having to determine if a component critical to rebooting the
processor is in the necessary state to support a reboot. So, the POR may be recommended for reboot.

Have a great day,
Yuri

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

jiujinhong
Contributor IV

Hi Yuri,

wdog1 can successfully reboot in new hardware board, but it hang in u-boot "flash target is mmc" each time reboot. when i try to increase ARM-SOC/VDD voltage in power init func, doesn't make sense. if reset from u-boot(WDOG reset), can not produce this issue.

can you give some good advice?

0 Kudos

jiujinhong
Contributor IV

if append additional "flash taget is mmc" after the first log, u-boot will print as below:

In:    serial
Out:   serial
Err:   serial
flash target is MMC:2
fl

0 Kudos

Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

Is total Power ON Reset generated by the wdog1 (using external circuit) ?  

Regards,

Yuri.

0 Kudos

jiujinhong
Contributor IV

Hi yuri,

no.  but linux3.0.35 can boot/restart successfully, i need to figure out what's difference.

If print more log in u-boot, u-boot will hang after linux wdog1 reboot.

0 Kudos

Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

You may create request / ticket to get more details why it is highly recommended to remove power

(voltage source) to all components on the board in the  event of a processor reset. 

Support|NXP 

Regards,

Yuri.

0 Kudos

jiujinhong
Contributor IV

thanks.

0 Kudos

Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

I've sent the document.