imx6ULL EVK flash memory settings

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

imx6ULL EVK flash memory settings

SCordibella
Contributor II

Dear community, I solder a NAND flash module on the imx6ull EVK.

The flash module is the MT29F4G08ABADAWP (the 4Gb IT) from MICRON, I attach the data sheet.

After solder the module we use the mfgtools2, but unfortunately I am unable to see the module and there is no way to interact with it. Of course I try with the u-boot with NAND support, but the NAND field report 0MB and no one operation like "nand info" are working on my side.

I found a document that explain how to setup some resistors on CU module to enable the NAND flash, you can see this document at page 9 of the attached pdf file.

My thoughts are to set the BOOT_CFG1 in this way:

bit set
0 1
1 0
2 0
3 0
4 1
5 0
6 0
7 1
and to set BOOT_CFG2 in this way:
bit set
0 0
1 0
2 0
3 0
4 0
5 0
6 0
7 1

I have no concern about BOOT_CFG4, because I don't clearly understand how it works and how it could help to setup the NAND communication.

Can anyone confirm my setup for BOOT_CFG1, BOOT_CFG2 and BOOT_CFG4?

Is this the reason that I am unable to see the NAND flash from u-boot?

Any help will be appreciated,

Stefano.

0 Kudos
3 Replies

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Stefano

for using NAND with i.MX6ULL EVK one can follow i.MX 6ULL EVK Board Hardware User's Guide,

remove the QSPI Nor flash device.

https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/user-guide/IMX6ULLEVKHUG.pdf 

One can try to boot from SD1 and test NAND interface, checking signals with oscilloscope

(BOOT_CFG are not used in that case).

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

SCordibella
Contributor II

Hi Igor, yes, we remove the NOR flash and we follow the instructions. Now we are able to boot from SD card, but I don't understand what you mean when you say checking signal with oscilloscope. Can you give me an example?

Thank you for your time,

Stefano.

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Stefano

one can check #ifdef CONFIG_SYS_USE_NAND  in uboot/include/configs/mx6ullevk.h :

uboot-imx.git - Freescale i.MX u-boot Tree 

if you unable to see the NAND flash from u-boot then there may be errors

in connection and one can start to debug it with oscilloscope.

Best regards
igor

0 Kudos