cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

imx6Solo/DL NAND BOOT without kobs-ng and no linux kernel

jaynedickinson
Contributor I

Greetings

I am trying to boot a custom imx6Solo board from NAND , I don't have a linux kernel running yet ... so I am modifying

u-boot 2013.04 tools/mxsboot.c to properly setup the 4 FCB blocks, 4 DBBT blocks, and boot data ( 1024 spare data , IVT, boot_app, DCD )

I can boot using the imx_usb tool ( serial downloader )

I am using a SPANSION S34ML02G1 NAND chip ( 256Mbytes ) with the GPMI interface for the iMX6Solo processor.

I've included my DCD table , my configs, my u-boot board init

I've confirmed the CCM clock settings

I've confirmed some of the NAND settings with Spansion ( I'm still trying to get more information in case the preamble delays are incorrect

I can run u-boot after the imx_usb transfers the u-boot.fcb , I can read and write back to NAND without issue

So I am wondering what other magic sauce I need... anyone done this without kobs_ng ,

Eventually I will be running Freescale's Yocto 3.10.17-1.0.0_beta with my mods...

I got my u-boot from the Freescale Yocto 3.10.17-1.0.0_beta ... wondering if I need to use u-boot 2013.10 since I've seen multiple

updates for the drivers/mtd/nand/mxs_nand.c driver... hmmm

Any help would be most appreciated.

Jayne

Message was edited by: Jayne Dickinson  THought I should send my u-boot.fcb file that I transfer to my board  Then I do the following commands  nand erase.chip tftp 17890000 u-boot.fcb nand write 17890000 0 300000

Original Attachment has been moved to: u-boot.fcb.zip

Original Attachment has been moved to: attachments.tar

0 Kudos
4 Replies

YixingKong
Senior Contributor IV

Jayne

This discussion is closed since no activity. If you still need help, please feel free to reply with an update to this discussion, or create another discussion.

Thanks,

Yixing

0 Kudos

YixingKong
Senior Contributor IV

Jayne Dickinson

We have not got your response yet and will close the discussion in 3 days. If you still need help, please feel free to reply with an update to this discussion.

Thanks,

Yixing

0 Kudos

YixingKong
Senior Contributor IV

Jayne Dickinson

Had your issue got resolved? If yes, we are going to close the discussion in 3 days. If you still need help, please feel free to reply with an update to this discussion.

Thanks,

0 Kudos

konstantynproko
Contributor III

Hello Jayne,

I'm using imx6 based custom board with the same NAND chip. I'm loading u-boot, kernel and rootfs to SDRAM using imx_usb tool, partitioning NAND as MTD device, writing JFFS2 rootfs to a specific rootfs partition and booting kernel by jumping to its location in memory. Kernel is configured to mount JFFS2 from /dev/mtdblockN device where N is a partition ID.

What do you want to achieve? How do you envision your device to be booted?

Regards,

Konstantyn

0 Kudos