imx6 yocto compilation on Ubuntu 16.04LTS

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

imx6 yocto compilation on Ubuntu 16.04LTS

vijaikumar
Contributor III

There might be a way to make it work. But it is recommended to use a supported distribution to have a stable development environment.

You can dual boot 14.04 along with 16.04.

5 Replies

santhosha
Contributor II

how to find the version information?

and how to configure the distro?

0 Kudos

gusarambula
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Santhosha,

You may find the BSP version on the document you are following. If you are using one of the BSP releases you would be following a PDF in which the release version 3.X or 4.X should be mentioned.

Depending on your BSP release version the DISTRO variable may not be necessary and you may have a “backend” option, like in the command you are using where “-e wayland” is set.

Please let us know what BSP you are using and try making a clean and baking again as it sometimes helps.

Regards,

0 Kudos

santhosha
Contributor II

I am trying the below command directly but somehow it did not work.

bitbake fsl-image-gui

But the below two works.

MACHINE=imx6sxsabresd source fsl-setup-release.sh -b build-wayland -e wayland

bitbake fsl-image-qt5

And looks like the image also gets built.

what is the difference and for futher compilation what needs to be done?

---------------------------------------

Am i following the correct approach?

-----------------------------------------

The purpose of Yocto to get the linux kernel integrated with latest, since only the 14.04 is supported, how will i get the latest fixes of 16.04 LTS in my images?  Please guide.

Note: i am new to linux, so questions might be basic in nature, please guide...

0 Kudos

gusarambula
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Santhosha,

Would you please confirm which BSP Release you are using? I’m assuming you’re using 3.14.28 BSP Release or older as you are not using the DISTRO variable.

If that’s the case and you are using 3.14.28, you should be able to build the fsl-image-gui with all backend options. However, I would recommend using a Clean if you’re having problems when switching from backend (alternatively you can use a new Build directory for each backend to avoid conflicts)

$ bitbake –c clean fsl-image-gui

$ bitbake fsl-image-gui

As for the Host it’s recommended that you use Ubuntu 14.04 for building. The host version should not affect the compiled image (provided that it is successful) as the built image will depend solely on the recipes in the Yocto environment. I hope this answers your question.

Regards,

0 Kudos

gusarambula
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Thanks Vijai Kumar!

Just to add to the conversation there is some help as part of the Ubuntu official documentation that may be useful to setup dual boot.

DualBoot - Community Help Wiki

Regards,

0 Kudos