Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

imx6 widescreen on 3.14.52

Jump to solution
edwardtyrrell
Senior Contributor I

Hi,

I'm having an issue setting the resolution of a LVDS display to 1280*800 - Wide Screen. The kernel on our custom board is fsl-release-bsp and Jethro version 3.14.52 (duallite).

My research shows that this version should use panel=LDB-WXGA and not the boot-args but neither way actually works. Halting uboot shows "unsupported panel LDB-WXGA" question is how and what can I do to get my screen found at the corrent resoultion? The default Hannstar is fine but the last 1/4 is scrambed on this screen.

Also does the device tree have to find this display via an i2c probe or can I simply adjust the resoultion to 1280*800 somewhere using the defult Hannstar driver? Can somebody explain this boot procedure for the 3.14.52 kernel?

Thanks,

Edward

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
gary_bisson
Senior Contributor III

Hi Edward,

Yes you need to modify the device tree in order to change the display setup, bootargs are not used any more.

Here is where the Hannstar display is specified for the SabreSD, the node contains both the resolution and the timings of the display:

linux-2.6-imx.git - Freescale i.MX Linux Tree

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Gary

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
art
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Please refer to the following community threads:

https://community.freescale.com/docs/DOC-172312

https://community.freescale.com/message/590530

Hope this will be helpful.

Best Regards,

Artur

0 Kudos
gary_bisson
Senior Contributor III

Hi Edward,

Yes you need to modify the device tree in order to change the display setup, bootargs are not used any more.

Here is where the Hannstar display is specified for the SabreSD, the node contains both the resolution and the timings of the display:

linux-2.6-imx.git - Freescale i.MX Linux Tree

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Gary

0 Kudos
edwardtyrrell
Senior Contributor I

Hi Gary,

100% spot on! Worked. By the way I noticed in another link a structure defined as:

timing3: LDB-WXGA {

clock-frequency = < ........

Would this be the definition of LDB-WXGA used in a only remaining display boot-arg "panel=LDB-WXGA"  tweak?

Thanks again,

Edward.

0 Kudos