Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

imx6 - want to use debug serial port to communicate with other devices

Jump to solution
rajeshwaranr
Contributor II

Hi All,

I am working on a custom imx6 SABRE-SD board in which UART3 is used for debug and same has to used to communicated with other with other devices.

Things I have tried so far.

used the existing configuration for UART3 as debug console port and, run the serial test application(mxc_uart_test.out) available free-scale ltib filesystem.application show write messages executed on console, however I find uart_read.txt empty.

now I disabled the debug console by removing 'console=ttymxc2' from boot argument and when the kernel is up,I find the ttymxc2 driver configured on telnet login, executing echo "Hello World" > /dev/ttymxc2,I found the imx6 system hangs and there is no communication possible between the PC and imx6 host.

I any one has solved the problem,kindly give your valuable suggestions.

Ratheendran

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
rajeshwaranr
Contributor II

Finally fixed this issue, it was driver bug fixed with the patch available with the link below.

ENGR00283795: MX6: UART 1 hangs the system on SARBESD when not used a co... · be82499 · wandboard-or...

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
rajeshwaranr
Contributor II

Finally fixed this issue, it was driver bug fixed with the patch available with the link below.

ENGR00283795: MX6: UART 1 hangs the system on SARBESD when not used a co... · be82499 · wandboard-or...

0 Kudos