imx6 sabresdq hdmi can not read edid data with i2c

echozeng
Contributor III

Dear All,

imx6 sabresdq:

android 4.2.2 kernel:3.0.35

MX6Q_PAD_KEY_COL3__HDMI_TX_DDC_SCL

MX6Q_PAD_KEY_ROW3__HDMI_TX_DDC_SDA

as plugin hdmi cable, show 'unable to read EDID block' always, zero array edid data get from "cat edid", no i2c signal output from DDC_SCL and DDC_SDA.

Where is problem?

must  use HDMI_TX_DDC_SCL and HDMI_TX_DDC_SDA and can not use  I2C2_SCL and I2C2_SDA to get edid?

thanks.

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi echo

I2C2_SCL and I2C2_SDA also can be used. Do you use "true" HDMI or just a

HDMI - DVI adapter ?  "True" HDMI display with special HDMI cable should be used.

Just for test one can try uboot logo with hdmi (check i2c signals with oscilloscope) :

Patch to support uboot logo keep from uboot to kernel for NXP Linux and Android BSP (HDMI, LCD and L...

Best regards

igor

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

echozeng
Contributor III

Dear igor,

I use HDMI-VGA adapter(it68913).

I only focus how to get edit array now.

I found functions hdmi_enable_ddc_pin never  be call in  mxc_hdmi driver. As  enable hdp pin high level input, just call hdmi_disable_ddc_pin. hdmi_disable_ddc_pin funciton just use MX6Q_PAD_KEY_COL3__I2C2_SCL and  MX6Q_PAD_KEY_ROW3__I2C2_SDA as i2c communication line. but unfortunately no clk and data  output from two lines.

0 Kudos