Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

imx6 booting into Qt application with no logo, desktop showing etc

Jump to solution
edwardtyrrell
Senior Contributor I

Hi All,

Our customer requires our imx6 sabre dual-lite solution to boot straight into the qt5 application without seeing any of the intermediate screens while booting, e.g no Yocto logo ( turned this off in menu-config ), no boot progress bar, no match-box desktop. So in a nut shell, turn the power on -> Qt5 app runnning, that's all the end user would see.

What would be steps required to do this? Also where would be the most appropriate place to start the Qt aplication from?

Thanks,

Ed.

1 Solution
Bio_TICFSL
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Edward,

You can disable the kernel logo from Linux -fsl def config as: -CONFIG_LOGO=N

For the yocto splash screen you can change the PSPLASH_BACKGROUND_COLOR in psplash-color.h

Hope this helps

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
16 Replies
nandishguruling
Contributor III

Hi Analogics Tech India Limited,

Congratulations...

Best Regards

Nandish SG

0 Kudos
nandishguruling
Contributor III

I hope you know how to convert yourimage.* to yourimage.h, then follow below steps,

1) copy the myimage.h to ../../../sources/poky/meta-yocto/recipes-core/psplash/files/myimage.h.

2) MACHINE=your-machine-name  source fsl-setup-release.sh –b build –e fb.
3) bitbake your-image-name.

i hope i am clear with this and let me know after changing ,

all the best,

Best Regards,

Nandish SG

analogicstechin
Contributor III

Thanks Nandish SG,

we modified  our custom logo, very useful information .

0 Kudos
nandishguruling
Contributor III

For changing the boot logo .. you have to do the below following the steps,

1) convert any type of image  yourlogoname.(jpg.bmp,..etc)  to  yourlogomname. png  format

2) convert yourlogomname.png to yourlogomname.pnm 

3) convert yourlogomname.pnm to yourlogomname.ppm

4) replace the  default.ppm to yourlogomname.ppm (i e. in .../ driver/video/logo/yourlogomname.ppm)

5) Recompile your image i.e zImage or uImage Thats it,

Best Regards,

Nandish SG

0 Kudos
analogicstechin
Contributor III

Thanks For the Immediate response,

Already we are modified the ppm file , but need to modify in progress  bar open embedded logo,please find the attachment for clear understand.

.IMG_20171219_104915.jpg

0 Kudos
nandishguruling
Contributor III

Hi Edward,

Thanks for your Support and help,  I am done this task successfully,

Thanks & Best Regards.

Nandish S.G

0 Kudos
kkd1
Contributor III

Hi,

I exactly want to do this.

What steps you performed? can please guide step by step?

Can you share any document for this if you prepared or reffed?

Please help me out of this.

Thank you

0 Kudos
analogicstechin
Contributor III

Hi nandish,

Thanks in advance.

i have to be change my logo in my custom device ,how you did !, can please tell me  where to change.

0 Kudos
Bio_TICFSL
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Edward,

You can disable the kernel logo from Linux -fsl def config as: -CONFIG_LOGO=N

For the yocto splash screen you can change the PSPLASH_BACKGROUND_COLOR in psplash-color.h

Hope this helps

0 Kudos
edwardtyrrell
Senior Contributor I

Thanks!

0 Kudos
nandishguruling
Contributor III

Hi Edward,

I am also facing the same issue, If you resolved this issue please share it here how you did it,

0 Kudos
edwardtyrrell
Senior Contributor I

Hi,

The project got passed on around that stage but the next Engineer tells me that is was to do with the matchbox session manager.

In the user session script there's the ability to removed parts of matchbox starting up, header, tasktray etc. There's a logo option in the menuconfig too.

http://garykramlich.blogspot.co.uk/2012/03/nodm-and-matchbox-window-manager.html

Hope this helps, as mentioned the project got passed on.

<http://garykramlich.blogspot.co.uk/2012/03/nodm-and-matchbox-window-manager.html>

nodm and matchbox window manager and auto starting applications<http://garykramlich.blogspot.co.uk/2012/03/nodm-and-matchbox-window-manager.html>

garykramlich.blogspot.co.uk

I'm working on a project for work that is based around a live distro. For the live distro building, I went with live-build since Debian is ...

0 Kudos
nandishguruling
Contributor III

Hi  Edward,

Thank you for your quick reply, yes i commented in matchbox/session, i am bale to see the my qt apps directly by the following scenario (when i power on the board blank screen->qt apps) but my requirement is while booting time instead of penguin image i displayed the my-company logo is done, after that yocto progress bar is coming instead of this progress bar i want to display my logo please find the below image, if any solution please share it here,

thanks in advance,

Best Regards,whileboot.png

Nandish S.G

edwardtyrrell
Senior Contributor I

Have a look in your menuconfig and search for something like "logo" or "boot logo" or similar. It may be in Boot options-->

It's there somewhere as I've used it before.

BR.

0 Kudos
nandishguruling
Contributor III

Hi Edward,

Thank you for your response,  i don't want to disable the logo i want to change the above progress logo i.e yocto project image instead of that image i want place the my own image, any idea how to do, please share it here and your help would be appreciated,

Thanks in advance,

Best Regards

Nandish S.G

0 Kudos
edwardtyrrell
Senior Contributor I

From what I remember in my kernelconfig you could actually set the path for the icon ( if required ). If all else fails menuconfig should state the name of the icon and you might be able to do a system wide file search and replace it as a test - with same name obviously. Once located you can do it properly using the layer/recipe way.

Ed.

0 Kudos