cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

imx6 android play interlace video issue

huangjacky
Contributor III

Dear All:

Now we got some video file  which is interlace YUV data after decoder.

when I play this file  with imx6 android platform (version: android_4.2.2_1.1.0),  I got some stripe when the object is motion in the video.

then I try to play the video file in the imx6 linux platform, the effect is better than above.

So, I guess the android platform haven't open the De-interlace motion function.

in the linux platform, I can found the source code about the De-interlace motion in the gstreamer plugin   mfw_vl4sink

struct v4l2_control ctrl;

ctrl.id = V4L2_CID_MXC_MOTION;

ctrl.value = v4l_info->motion;

err = ioctl (v4l_info->v4l_id, VIDIOC_S_CTRL, &ctrl);

this ioctl can control the framebuffer driver to handle the motion De-interlace issue.

But I don't know how to add the motion De-interlace function into the android platform.

Hope your help!

Thanks Advance!

Labels (3)
7 Replies

saurabh206
Senior Contributor III

Hi,

Huang

Android sdk default sets motion to LOW_MOTION.

You need to set it to HIGH_MOTION, this will improve your de-interlacing in android.

Thanks

Saurabh

0 Kudos

huangjacky
Contributor III

Thank you for your reply, Saurabh

But I don't how and where to set the motion to HIGH_MOTION,

I found some framebuffer ioctl in hardware/imx/mx6/libgralloc_wrapper/  but nothing about the motion setting.

As I know, it should be call the libipu.so to solve the motion issue in the imx53 android source code (liboverlay----hardware/mx5x/liboverlay/)

Is the imx6 source code use the same way to solve the motion issue? if so, pls tell me which lib call the libipu.so

Thanks advance!

0 Kudos

saurabh206
Senior Contributor III

Hi,

Huang

You need to look at /external/fsl_imx_omx/OpenMAXIL.

Thanks

Saurabh

0 Kudos

karina_valencia
NXP Apps Support
NXP Apps Support
Re: imx6 android play interlace video issue

Jian LiEmployee

We have code support de-interlace in android 4.2.2, you can use below setting to enable it. Input them from console after booting up.

echo 2 > /data/omx_post_process

chmod 777 /data/omx_post_process

the value can be changed to different de-interlace mode:

1(low motion), 2(med motion), 3(high motion)

We default not enable this module as we found some problem for IPU in MX6Q, will cause system hang in some cases. This issue is still in checking.

chetkaufman
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Karina,

My customer is working on Android i.MX6Q platform and they need to support video de-interlacing.   They are using the video de-interlacing you mentioned in this post and they have it working OK at this point.  They have the following questions:

1. You mentioned that we have it disabled by default because there was some issues with the IPU hanging.  Is that problem fixed now or is there a known work around?  Please describe the issue more.
  2. You said that the value can be changed to different de-interlace mode:          1(low motion), 2(med motion), 3(high motion).   Can you explain what the different modes do and how the IPU and other hardware inside the i.MX6 are used for the different modes? 

billchen
Contributor III

Hi, I met the same problem in imx6q sabresd kind board, but I use android 4.0.1 , I want to know whether it can be supported in android 4.0.1 or not?

0 Kudos

huangjacky
Contributor III

Karina, Thank you for you reply!   Thanks

0 Kudos