Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

imx6+SGTL5000 wrong to switch sound channel

allonli
Contributor II

platform: i.mx6Q + SGTL5000

kernel:  L3.0.35_4.1.0

produce an audio file only have left channel,(fill all the data of right channel to zero)

stop all of the app, and only play the audio file by aplay,

most of the time, it can work properly,(there are sound only in the left channel), but occasionally, the sound comes from right channel, some times it can return back ,but some times didn't, it will work properly after you reboot system.

we check the LRCLK of I2S of i.mx6 side, the waveform corresponds to the above phenomenon, seems it can exclude the issue of SGTL5000, 

we stop all of the app and try to use another audio play app, seems it can exclude the issue of app,

and it can very difficult to reproduce

so is there any bugs of the drivers of SGTL5000? or any other suggestion?

thanks a lot

0 Kudos
2 Replies

clemensgruber
Contributor III

Maybe this is related to the LRCLK pad strength. See Re: [PATCH] ASoC: sgtl5000: Allow LRCLK pad drive strength to be changed — ALSA Devel 

0 Kudos

art
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Most likely, the issue you observe is the effect of the i.MX6Q silicon erratum ERR008990, please check its description in the "Chip Errata for the i.MX 6Dual/6Quad and i.MX 6DualPlus/6QuadPlus" Rev.6.1 document, available on the processor's Documentation web page:

http://www.nxp.com/products/automotive-products/microcontrollers-and-processors/arm-mcus-and-mpus/i....

Have a great day,
Artur

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos