imx6 Power-on GPIO states

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

imx6 Power-on GPIO states

kimyoung
Contributor I

I am trying to control a GPIO2_IO10(gpio42) in imx6 on order to control a Laser power,

I can take control on the gpio42 via U-boot and device tree, but the problem is the gpio state after power on.

According to the document, the initial state of gpio42 is input with 100k pull up,

but ihave to always keep the gpio42 low to prevent an unexpected Laser on state.

Anyone will shed light on how to keep gpio42 low after power on, even though it is initailly  set as a pull up input state?

Appreciated in advance.

0 Kudos
1 Reply

CarlosCasillas
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi kim,

You could modify pin parameters on U-boot, but then you also need to ensure of the pin assignments (Device Tree config) when the OS boots up, as it will override U-boot configuration.

Anyway, in order to ensure a specific level on a pin when the processor powers up, it is recommended adding external pull up/down resistors.

Hope this will be useful for you.
Best regards!
/Carlos
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos