cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

imx6 Off to On transition time?

Jump to solution
katrinagundal-z
Contributor I

The OFF to ON time is not working as expected. I put PWR_BTN_N and PMIC_ON_REQ on the scope. With the board off, as soon as the button signal goes low the i.MX6 raises the PMIC_ON_REQ with zero delay. Shouldn’t there 500mS between the two? What things might cause this? ON_TIME in SNVS_LPCR is at the default of 00 which should be 500ms. Also notable is both the Sabre and this board have a 200K resistor between PMIC_ON_REQ and PWR_BTN_N. What is this for? Could it be related to this issue?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
CommunityBot
Community Manager
This an automatic process.

We are marking this post as solved, due to the either low activity or any reply marked as correct.

If you have additional questions, please create a new post and reference to this closed post.

NXP Community!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
CommunityBot
Community Manager
This an automatic process.

We are marking this post as solved, due to the either low activity or any reply marked as correct.

If you have additional questions, please create a new post and reference to this closed post.

NXP Community!
0 Kudos
art
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

During the first startup, try to set up the SNVS_LPCR[DEBOUNCE] field to 0b10 to enable 500ms debouncing time.

Cannot see any 200kOhm resistor between PMIC_ON_REQ and ONOFF signals on the i.MX6Q SABRE SD board schematic. So, what resistor do you mean? Please specify the ref designator per the i.MX6Q SABRE SD board schematic.

Have a great day,
Artur

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos
fork
Contributor I

Wait, are those registers even supposed to work? I thought they did not.

Q&A: ON_TIME and DEBOUNCE bit fields of SNVS_LPCR register readable?

0 Kudos